Dr on ballistics, 6 of 7 vicitims survive handgun shooting.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I figured this would go into Conceal Carry being it's important info for us to know in the event you do need to shoot, you'll now know what to expect. IMO, one shot isn't enough.

Warnings: The video is crap quality, but the info is epic so take the 35 minutes and watch it. Secondly, there is a tad bit of some graphic images shown 2nd hand.

Some of us knew most of this already, and some of us need to know it. For example...If you end up in a gun fight and get lucky enough to land the first round to the bad guys chest, don't think it's all over and you're now safe. He's still able to return fire in most cases.

And then again, like anything, many factors play a part like the round used, the distance, the placement of the hit, the size of the target etc. Just keep it all in mind guys and girls. Stay safe and carry safely !!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tku8YI68-JA[/ame]

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
That is why a pistol is only good for fighting your way to your rifle.

I understand that, and have always understood that. Granted, I don't want to get shot but in most cases, handgun shootings are survivable. Many don't have the knock down power that one would think.

Sometimes or actually MANY TIMES you see the mother on the news, crying boooo hoooo that was my babyyyyyy, he didn't have to shoot him 5 times, he's a good boy that just got hung up with the wrong people. Sorry lady, had you raised YOUR BABY right for the 16, 17 and 18 years of his life, a good chance he wouldn't be hanging with the wrong people and YES, he did have to shoot him 5 times. 2-3 rounds to the chest, a perp can for damn sure still be coming at you. I'll be damned if I get into a struggle with a perp over my weapon. I'll keep firing until he drops to the ground or I run out of bullets.

I posted the video, as crappy quality as it is, to be educational for those who carry. I hear and see some say, shoot just enough to eliminate the threat as if they'd fire 1 round and wait and see what happens and what the perp does and fire again in a few seconds if necessary. How do you know when the threat is over? If you're in a situation where you need to shoot, that isn't the time to be conservative with your bullets. You can always buy more, but you won't be buying shit if your 6 feet under. My point is, I think I'd be popping 2-3 rounds minimum and be evaluating as I'm firing and may continue to fire. I'm not firing 1 and waiting to see what happens and this video explains why.

And what if there is 2 or 3 thugs which is very common? Are you willing to fire 1 into Perp #1, and go for the second or third perp next??? All while perp #1 is still coming at you? You'd hope after firing into #1, the other 2 have taken off running. Then you get to sleep an eye open for the rest of your life wondering if those other 2 wll ever show up. We all know very well, victims don't have rights, only the criminals do. You can bet your ass, you shoot and kill a thug, it's your name, employer and address that will be plastered all over the local news media, thanks to your local LE department.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Dont need to watch again, already seen it...LOL

Just curious C27.. Were you at all surprised? If you were would it make you handle things? I actually found this and wanted it for 2 females, one being my adult daughter who carries a .40 but wanted a 9mm at first.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Just curious C27.. Were you at all surprised? If you were would it make you handle things? I actually found this and wanted it for 2 females, one being my adult daughter who carries a .40 but wanted a 9mm at first.

1) if I ever need to to righfully defend my self I'm gunna make sure that I kill him
No shooting in the leg, center mass and head shots double taps.
2) guns where made for one reason only.. to kill period..
3) I've seen multiple people getting shot by Leos with a. 45 and cause they were on drugs the where still coming after the leos.
4) stress firing takes a toll on the shooter so you become inaccurate, that is why Leos are trained to shoot double taps and access the situan. Most legally armed people do not have training u get from the military or Leo acadamy. IMHO most Leos are not great shooters. That's why they have SWAT teams. Its there job to police local laws and deal with everything
From domestic violance which is probably 1/3 of there calls on a shift and the rest of there time writing traffic tickets or other BS. jMHO, hope I did not offend anyone......:driver:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
1) if I ever need to to righfully defend my self I'm gunna make sure that I kill him
No shooting in the leg, center mass and head shots double taps.
2) guns where made for one reason only.. to kill period..
3) I've seen multiple people getting shot by Leos with a. 45 and cause they were on drugs the where still coming after the leos.
4) stress firing takes a toll on the shooter so you become inaccurate, that is why Leos are trained to shoot double taps and access the situan. Most legally armed people do not have training u get from the military or Leo acadamy. IMHO most Leos are not great shooters. That's why they have SWAT teams. Its there job to police local laws and deal with everything
From domestic violance which is probably 1/3 of there calls on a shift and the rest of there time writing traffic tickets or other BS. jMHO, hope I did not offend anyone......:driver:

I'd say you're right, and I know many will disagree. I guess it appears what you're exposed to and past experiences as to what you'd feel. I know of guys beat with punctured lungs and concusion in the hospital of a week over $28 by 2 thugs, a 77 yo stabbed several times by 2 thugs for $20, an Uncle murdered as an Armored Car Gaurd by point blank shot to the back of the head with no warning. I've repossed cars and been in some sticky situations, also been a process server and in some situations. Luckily I got by without having to pull it. I'd imagine those who disagree, might change their mind when they have some personal encounters of their own.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I'd say you're right, and I know many will disagree. I guess it appears what you're exposed to and past experiences as to what you'd feel. I know of guys beat with punctured lungs and concusion in the hospital of a week over $28 by 2 thugs, a 77 yo stabbed several times by 2 thugs for $20, an Uncle murdered as an Armored Car Gaurd by point blank shot to the back of the head with no warning. I've repossed cars and been in some sticky situations, also been a process server and in some situations. Luckily I got by without having to pull it. I'd imagine those who disagree, might change their mind when they have some personal encounters of their own.

Heres my new loads that came for my G23 I picked up yesterday..Maybe help with your daughter and you feeling safe with a .40 caliber bullet. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhzYHxpVAIs[/ame]

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Seems to be a nice round. I like the idea of Low Recoil too.

She's a great shot for the first round, but the follow up shot, she over compensates and comes in low on the 2nd and 3rd shot. If she pauses for 3 seconds between shots she does OK but in a real life under duress situation, not going to be good at all. So yes, she needs a good round where the 1st round will get some results.

I've told her to keep practicing her draw, and getting those follow up shots a bit more It's better she's overcompensating and coming in to low rather than going way high like I see many do. Better to go low and get an abdomen or nut shot than go to high and maybe over their shoulders and into god only knows what and get an innocent person.

Optional Reading Story
She's had a VPO on an ex bf, and he violated that with some road rage that started on the interstate when he seen her, and ended up in a collision. Luckily she got off the highway and ended up in a parking lot on the service road where there was an armed security guard as both a witness and protection for her. A city cop happened to be just driving by just after the incident so he was on the scene in the matter of 30 seconds. God was with her that night and no telling what would have happened since he was coming at her with a 4ft stick of black gas iron pipe out of the bed of his pick up, across the parking lot and was stopped by the armed guard at gunpoint which is what the cop seen and immediately pulled in and called for back up. The prick went to jail and had his truck impounded. You'd think with all the witnesses more would have happened, but he plea bargained and got found guilty of the VPO violation and sentenced to probation and the VPO was converted to lifetime instead of the remainder of the year it had. He got off on the Road Rage, Misdemeanor Hit n Run, since he came back, not for the accident, but to beat her ass with a pipe, also got off on the assault since he was stopped by the armed guard. The idiot has since assaulted his next gf using a firearm that he was not supposed to have, and then another incident been caught with posession of a firearm and he can't buy a gun legally, and can't get a CCW cuz of his criminal history. But again, he got probation, community service and anger management. Friggin unreal. My daughter has since married and has kids of her own and this nutcase is still on the streets. So yes, I do want her having a good weapon, good ammo, and be proficient with it.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Seems to be a nice round. I like the idea of Low Recoil too.

She's a great shot for the first round, but the follow up shot, she over compensates and comes in low on the 2nd and 3rd shot. If she pauses for 3 seconds between shots she does OK but in a real life under duress situation, not going to be good at all. So yes, she needs a good round where the 1st round will get some results.

I've told her to keep practicing her draw, and getting those follow up shots a bit more It's better she's overcompensating and coming in to low rather than going way high like I see many do. Better to go low and get an abdomen or nut shot than go to high and maybe over their shoulders and into god only knows what and get an innocent person.

Optional Reading Story
She's had a VPO on an ex bf, and he violated that with some road rage that started on the interstate when he seen her, and ended up in a collision. Luckily she got off the highway and ended up in a parking lot on the service road where there was an armed security guard as both a witness and protection for her. A city cop happened to be just driving by just after the incident so he was on the scene in the matter of 30 seconds. God was with her that night and no telling what would have happened since he was coming at her with a 4ft stick of black gas iron pipe out of the bed of his pick up, across the parking lot and was stopped by the armed guard at gunpoint which is what the cop seen and immediately pulled in and called for back up. The prick went to jail and had his truck impounded. You'd think with all the witnesses more would have happened, but he plea bargained and got found guilty of the VPO violation and sentenced to probation and the VPO was converted to lifetime instead of the remainder of the year it had. He got off on the Road Rage, Misdemeanor Hit n Run, since he came back, not for the accident, but to beat her ass with a pipe, also got off on the assault since he was stopped by the armed guard. The idiot has since assaulted his next gf using a firearm that he was not supposed to have, and then another incident been caught with posession of a firearm and he can't buy a gun legally, and can't get a CCW cuz of his criminal history. But again, he got probation, community service and anger management. Friggin unreal. My daughter has since married and has kids of her own and this nutcase is still on the streets. So yes, I do want her having a good weapon, good ammo, and be proficient with it.

Sounds to me like you are a very loving and caring father and I commend you on that. If a restraining order has not been put on that guy she needs to do so. If he gets any where near her he vops again. If not on probation will go to jail again and more charges will be brought against him as a "3 Strikes your Out"...... One thing that thugs do not put up with in Prison is Child Mosters, Rapist, any crime against women or children. "We" being legally armed citizens cannot use deadly force unless....Link Below for Florida laws

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/self_defense.html

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Sounds to me like you are a very loving and caring father and I commend you on that. If a restraining order has not been put on that guy she needs to do so. If he gets any where near her he vops again. If not on probation will go to jail again and more charges will be brought against him as a "3 Strikes your Out"...... One thing that thugs do not put up with in Prison is Child Mosters, Rapist, any crime against women or children. "We" being legally armed citizens cannot use deadly force unless....Link Below for Florida laws

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/self_defense.html

We've got better than Restraining Order. She had a VPO (Vitims Protection Order) against him from being beat and threatened he'd kill her. He violated that VPO when he did the road rage incident and hit her car. She didn't pull over on the interstate, she wanted someone around. He continued on, and she pulled off to the nearest strip mall parking lot on the service road of the Interstate. He had gotten off at the next exit and came back and seen her in the parking lot. This is why the Armed Guard that was patrolling the parking lot had already been looking at her, and seen him drive up a few minutes later and come at her with this pipe. As said, she was very lucky. This is EXACTLY why I got her carrying. I had first set up her up with a 9mm that I had bought my ex wife and kept in the divorce, but wanted her to have a .40 or .45. She likes my .40 and we can share ammo this way, so she did get a .40 and now her husband carries the 9mm. Usually a VPO is good for a year. Due to the nature of incidents, and him violating that Victims Protection Order, she was able to get it converted to lifetime. They have no kids together, so there was no reason at all it couldn't be lifetime. No need for them to communicate at all. But the dude is crazy fugg !!! He's been in even more trouble since they split up now 4 years ago. He's pulled guns on other women, stolen perscription meds, forged Dr's signatures on stolen perscription pads etc.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
nuff said kind sir.. The scumbag is not worth talking bout anymore your daughter has a good famiy now that's what's important. Scumbags are not worth of time were spending on then. Not being a dumb ass nothing personal, just a bad thing period.........wtf right

otasan

Full Access Member
Well, if I ever have to shoot someone, they won't survive to lie in court. A 9mm +p+ JHP to the forehead will be the last word.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Well, if I ever have to shoot someone, they won't survive to lie in court. A 9mm +p+ JHP to the forehead will be the last word.

Just be sure to be practicing your double tap. 2-3 double taps to chest at self defense range should get the job done..... if you lost your cell phone in the struggle and it took you about 5 minutes to call 911. Remember, medical technology has progressed.

otasan

Full Access Member
Just be sure to be practicing your double tap. 2-3 double taps to chest at self defense range should get the job done..... if you lost your cell phone in the struggle and it took you about 5 minutes to call 911. Remember, medical technology has progressed.

I shoot two to the chest and one to the nose. Body armor is more common these days.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I shoot two to the chest and one to the nose. Body armor is more common these days.

By all means if the situation permits go for the head shots first. Then you don't have to lose your phone for 5 minutes before calling 911 to come clean up the mess.

Members online

No members online now.