Brought home another S&W today

Mockstar

Full Access Member
I got bored on Tuesday and took a trip my LGS just to shoot the shit, and look around. Couldn't pass it up since I hadn't seen another one anywhere in about 10 weeks.

Factory Fresh M&P40c
e75db623-3cf6-459d-a15f-47a38b4368d9_zpse1c59478.jpg

DSC01126_zps3c5e4411.jpg

DSCN1588_zps75309bc2.jpg

Last edited:

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Thanks Jeff. This is my first compact, and only 40 cal. I'm anxious to get some rounds thru this. Not sure if I'll get to the indoor range this weekend, but soon hopefully.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Congrats! the LGS had four or five but that was a few weeks ago, I would love to have it in the 9mm.

SWSS

Full Access Member
I am just guess, but I bet you will like it...if you dont like it give me a pm... :Big Laugh:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I got bored on Tuesday and took a trip my LGS just to shoot the shit, and look around. Couldn't pass it up since I hadn't seen another one anywhere in about 10 weeks.

Factory Fresh M&P40c
e75db623-3cf6-459d-a15f-47a38b4368d9_zpse1c59478.jpg

Sweet !!! I'm thinking real hard about getting a M&P .40 and do I dare say, INSTEAD OF a Glock 22 Gen 4. My Glocks will still be my favorite and I still want a Gen 4 Glock, but I think I'll move into a .45 Glock 21 Gen 4 and try an M&P in the .40.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Nice! I'm currently searching for your guns baby brother, a Shield in .40

Good Luck on that Maxx !!! I know of 3 different people looking in the OKC area and they've been looking hard for weeks. A femle friend of mine in AZ just bought a 9mm Shield and paid $589.99. When and if Academy gets them in, and they do get a 2-3 in every week so you have to camp out Mon, Wed, and Friday and hope that's the day they got them, they are $399.99. People are camped out at Academy about every Mon, Wed and Fri to run and buy guns since they are NOT gouging like many are.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
$589 for a shield is ridiculous, but I can understand her paying that for it when they so hard to come by.

My 40c was $519.99 NIB plus thirteen dollar background check and tax. The only downside is it's a caliber I haven't had before so I don't have the ammo supply like I do for my other guns. The stores around here do have plenty of self defense rounds, but the cheap white box stuff is hit or miss if they have any in stock or not.

I'm not too enthused about having to use my $20 for 20 rounds Hornady just to shoot the gun the first time, but it looks like that's what it going to come down to.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
$589 for a shield is ridiculous, but I can understand her paying that for it when they so hard to come by.

My 40c was $519.99 NIB plus thirteen dollar background check and tax. The only downside is it's a caliber I haven't had before so I don't have the ammo supply like I do for my other guns. The stores around here do have plenty of self defense rounds, but the cheap white box stuff is hit or miss if they have any in stock or not.

I'm not too enthused about having to use my $20 for 20 rounds Hornady just to shoot the gun the first time, but it looks like that's what it going to come down to.

Yep, the M&P C and Full Size are $519 here at Academy, that's a good price. She got her head taken off on the Shiled, but she thought it was a good price because she got on her phone and found it for $629 on some website and figured $589 was good, so someone else is gouging online too.

You don't have your' location up on our details, but do you have an Academy near you? You can get that Winchester White Box 180Grain Bonded JHP for $22 for 50rds. Said to be the same as PDX1, but at least it's much cheaper to shoot. Last .40 ammo I got, was $17.99 for Blazer for 50 rds. I have found some good ammo deals and in stock online but damn, they rip you on the shipping if you're only getting 2-3 boxes. They'll limit you to 3 boxes of each ammo type and if you don't need any other ammo that they don't have in stock, then your deal is killed by cost of shipping being $5-$6 shipping per box. I'm not that desperate. And the online prices have gone up to about matching the retail stores now. With stores limiting to 1 and 2 boxes of each caliber, I've been able to acquire some ammo lately. But, I only drop in when I'm going that way, otherwise, you'll spend a fortune in gas going that way. Other thing I've done, a guy in line was getting 9mm, I was getting .40. I told him, get me a box of .40 and I'll get you a box of 9mm. When we got to the register, and acted like we were together, they had no problems, ringing me for 2 boxes of 40 and him 2 boxes of 9mm.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Bummer, I got my bad news. I wanted to get this M&P. Of course they haven't had one in stock for quite sometime, but I just called Cabela's in Ft Worth, since this is a Cabela's exclusive, and TX can not sell handguns to out of state residents. This really isn't a bad deal for $599. It comes in a nicer case, a holster and mag holsters. I'd have paid more just for the FDE. I guess I could always get the black one here for $519 and Duracoat the frame FDE and it appear the same. :shrug:

s7_217430_999_03

Mockstar

Full Access Member
I'm in Central Wi. No Academy here. We have, Cabelas, Scheels, Gander Mtn, FleetFarm and a few other big retail stores. Most of my money gets spent at Midwestern shooters supply about 45 mins from me. It's not that there is no ammo to be found, it's just that it's hit or miss when you get there. I've never really been a big fan of online purchases either. My credit card payment is high enough already lol.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
I love the look of that two tone. I'm not sure what duracoat costs, but buying the black one and getting the frame redone seems like a good idea.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
So after watching some youtube reviews of the M&P 40c, it seems as though Smith and Wesson did some rework of the triggers on the new M&Ps. There is a definite felt and heard trigger reset on mine.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I think the Shake N Spray is about $30 and should be enough to do 3 handguns. I wouldn't want to do all of mine, but maybe I can split the cost with someone else here locally. $30 isn't all that much anyway.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
So after watching some youtube reviews of the M&P 40c, it seems as though Smith and Wesson did some rework of the triggers on the new M&Ps. There is a definite felt and heard trigger reset on mine.

I was told they were working on the trigger for that reason, that users wanted an audible reset. That's why when watching reviews, I always look at the date. Many times, if there is something someone is complaining about, and it's a year or 2 old, chances are it may have been corrected by now.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Question for you guys......

What are your opinions on replacement barrels. I'm curios to know if its a good idea to buy a KKM 9mm Match Compact Drop in barrel for my .40

My reasoning is I have buttloads of 9mm ammo, and today I picked up 100 rounds of Winchester 165Grain FMJ. I figure I can either stock up on 40 cal ammo for target practice, or I can spend $200 (same as I would spend on 500 rounds of .40) on a 9mm barrel and be good to go.

Any thoughts? Any experience on this that you guys have done in the past?

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Question for you guys......

What are your opinions on replacement barrels. I'm curios to know if its a good idea to buy a KKM 9mm Match Compact Drop in barrel for my .40

My reasoning is I have buttloads of 9mm ammo, and today I picked up 100 rounds of Winchester 165Grain FMJ. I figure I can either stock up on 40 cal ammo for target practice, or I can spend $200 (same as I would spend on 500 rounds of .40) on a 9mm barrel and be good to go.

Any thoughts? Any experience on this that you guys have done in the past?

I hear for Glock anyway, the aftermarket barrels are fine. They are different than Glock barrels since they are standard barrels, but they work great. And if were me, I would go for the barrel. Espeically if it's match grade. In this day and age, best to be diversified and be able to shoot whatever you can get your hands on as far as ammo. This way you can shoot both. $40 per 100rds with sales tax is about the normal going rate for 40 ammo, so it's not like you'd be passing up a killer ammo deal. JMO :shrug:

Members online

No members online now.