best mags for 10mm 1911?

BOJANGLES

Full Access Member
I've got a Kimber Eclipse Custom II chambered in 10mm. I need to order some additional mags. I don't want to order the Kimber mags because the one that came with the gun has been a bit finicky. I want to see if you guys have experience with some of the 10mm mags out there and can point me in the right direction.

Many brands seem to be backordered right now, however I have found some Wilson Combats available. The WC mags work great in my Kimber .45 1911s, but I have read mixed reviews about their performance in the 10mm, so I am leery to order those (I hate sending stuff back!)

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated. Please include links if applicable.

BOJANGLES

Full Access Member
yeah I like the Wilson on my .45s...... but the question here is have you ever used the Wilson Combats in 10mm....????

kwo51

Full Access Member
No that is why I suggested calling them,they are real people and will do what they can to help you.

BOJANGLES

Full Access Member
I did some more homework online and read very positive reviews about the Tripp magazines performing really well in this particular 10mm. People kept using the term "best" mags for this gun, so I figured I'd give them a whirl. Just ordered a few in 9 round and 10 round capacities with upgraded alloy baseplates. They'd better be good because they sure as hell weren't cheap!!

10mms are proving to be an expensive habit.... but a damn fun round to throw downrange.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Are the 40 s&w mags to small?10 mm and 357 sig are really great rounds. I stock pile and carry what local leo carry + miltary.Just cause.

Bullnettles

Full Access Member
Are the 40 s&w mags to small?10 mm and 357 sig are really great rounds. I stock pile and carry what local leo carry + miltary.Just cause.

Not 100% sure on the mags, but the 10mm is longer than the .40 S&W round. I wouldn't try that.

Members online

No members online now.