.40 Super Round

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
.40 Super - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So what's the deal with this rd.I really like it but have never shot a 40 Super. I know somebody has some more info than me...... Thanks in advance, I'm thinking bout buying a G21 & there are conversions to go with a barrel that will fit and you can use a 45 to bitch slap someone. Jk does anyone got the lowdown on this rd.......Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Sounds like a .40 S&W but it wears a red cape. Lol

For me that's too odd a round. I personally would stick with the common calibers.
Something you're more likely to find if you have to start scrounging for ammo.
9mm, .40 S&W, .45, .357 etc. and .223/5.56, 7.62 etc. for rifle rounds.

It's just not likely your going to stumble across .40 Super in a SHTF situation.
But not everyone thinks like me (thank goodness) so if it intrigues you, go for it.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Wild cats are always trying new rounds. 40 was a down sized 10mm that the FBI thought was to powerful for affirmative action people.

oppo

Full Access Member
I like how they compare the hottest 40 super load to mild loads from the other cartridges as well as using different length barrels.

It is a potent round and should be allowed to stand on it's own merits instead of cooked stats.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Definitely a Wildcat round. A .45win magnum necked down to .40 cal. Incredible stats on the round. Just a wild guess but I bet the pressure would destroy a Glock. 1800fps & 971 ft-lb is some serious juice. You will likely need to make your own brass and the little detail that the COL is too long for any Glock mags.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Yeah I did research and I'm trying to get a 40/357 conversion barrel. Lone wolf is out right now but getting ready to search gunbroker......
Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.