XD Chat

Arckadian

Since I have aquired my XDS I have enjoyed it completely, but I have also seen many people here that also have Springfield XD products.... soo... It kinda makes sense to create this thread and BOAST about our XD's :favorites37: So as such.....

I have taken my XDS out the range 3 times now. For the range I have been going to the closest target is 15 yards, so I have not had a really good chance to see my shots as they appear on the paper without binoculars hehe. It works but if I havent kept trake of my shots already taken I get confused fast. Also at this range it shuts down every 15 minutes so you can post and retrieve targets.... so if you only want to fire 6 shots you have to wait a LONG time ..... ugh....

As such.... I dont really care, I really LIKE my new .45 :head3: Its great fun and as I have gotten use to it, I have noticed that my accuracy has improved. Me and Jeff found a new range to go to that will help us save a little time and headache were we can fire as much or as little as we want and not have to wait to get our targets :D. I am SOOOOOO looking forward to going back to the range this weekend. I like the fiberoptic sight on my front post, but it does have one draw back I have noticed. When in a not well illuminated area you cant see it very well.

I like to be able to see my sights reguardless of light or dark, but I am not sure what I want to do with the sights at this time. I may just leave them as they are for now. Time will tell on that one.

TheFuzz

Full Access Member
My first personally owned handgun was an XD40 Service Model. I didn't care for the way that I shot with it, so I sold it to a coworker, and bought a Glock 22...then a Sig...then another Sig...then another Glock....and another Glock...then an M&P45...then a Sig 1911...and when I held that XDS in the store a few weeks ago I fell in love and bought it, too.

The M&P45, 1911 and XDS are all that remain in my handgun collection, and I'll never sell any of them. Took me a while to find what I really liked, but those three are winners in my book. :)

ViperJeff

Administrator
Well, I have the XDM .40 5.25. Its well balanced and in the hands of someone that shoots well, its impressive. For me, it's been an exremely easy weapon to learn to shoot. The kick is minimal and as I slowly eliminate each bad habbit and learn to work through some limitations, it just get more fun each time. With out a doubt, after considering all the guns I've shot so far, I enjoy the XDM .40 the best.

TheFuzz

Full Access Member
If I ever move to an agency that doesn't allow my 1911, I will buy an XDM. I'd love to get the 5.25, but NOBODY makes an adjustable night sight replacement for the rear sight yet...and I have to have NS on a duty gun. Finding a holster would otherwise be a chore, but there is a local Sheriff's deputy that takes Safariland SLS hoods/parts and custom builds leather holsters around whatever gun you want, to duty-grade retention levels. So that part is covered. Kinda nice.

ViperJeff

Administrator
If I ever move to an agency that doesn't allow my 1911, I will buy an XDM. I'd love to get the 5.25, but NOBODY makes an adjustable night sight replacement for the rear sight yet...and I have to have NS on a duty gun. Finding a holster would otherwise be a chore, but there is a local Sheriff's deputy that takes Safariland SLS hoods/parts and custom builds leather holsters around whatever gun you want, to duty-grade retention levels. So that part is covered. Kinda nice.

You talking about this kind of gear
p_892000033_2.jpg

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=13165/sku=892-000-033/Product/Fits-Springfield-XD-XDM-Fxd-

TheFuzz

Full Access Member
That's what I'm talking about, yes, but you can't put those on the 5.25 models due to the huge proprietary adjustable rear sight. No aftermarket sight options exist for the 5.25 (yet) for that reason. I even e-mailed a few sight manufacturers to see if they could retrofit tritium vials into the existing rear sight...no dice.

ViperJeff

Administrator
That's what I'm talking about, yes, but you can't put those on the 5.25 models due to the huge proprietary adjustable rear sight. No aftermarket sight options exist for the 5.25 (yet) for that reason. I even e-mailed a few sight manufacturers to see if they could retrofit tritium vials into the existing rear sight...no dice.

I know I'm looking, so I guess I will keep looking

dkyacht

Well, I have the XDM .40 5.25. Its well balanced and in the hands of someone that shoots well, its impressive. For me, it's been an exremely easy weapon to learn to shoot. The kick is minimal and as I slowly eliminate each bad habbit and learn to work through some limitations, it just get more fun each time. With out a doubt, after considering all the guns I've shot so far, I enjoy the XDM .40 the best.

Totally agree, this is the best gun I've ever owned. Dead on right out of the box and so easy to shoot.

Dave

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350355324387.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350355324387.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 17

Stephen.

I love my 3.8 XDM 9.....I have right under 700 rounds through it so far with 0 malfunctions..... (knock on wood)

reefguy89

Heres my xd .40 so far i have the streamlight trl-4 laser/light combo. Some other planned mods are 9mm and .357 barrels and buffer kits. Also wanna have a trigger job done and upgrade the stock sights to some night sights(any suggestions). So far i have put over 500 rounds of everything from white box winchester, to blazers, to zombie ammo and have had 0 problems.

PB130594.jpg

PB130595.jpg

PB130596.jpg

Last edited:

reefguy89

^^^ thats one thing that is a must is the grip extentions for the mags. Makes the grip and controlablity so much better.

Arkansasguns

Full Access Member
My xds now has about 200 rounds through it without a hiccup and is very manageable. Ready to get some higher quality rounds through the gun and really see how accurate it can be.

Members online

No members online now.