walmart ammo

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Picked up some winchester 45 ACP 230grain for $21.57 for a box of 50....pretty good price IMO picked up 3 boxes even though I dont have a 45 currently.... I fiqured I could sell or trade them to a friend of mine who has a G30 and G21..
hes my neighbor so I take care of him when I can and he does the same 4 me...We gotta stick together when it comes to ammo due to the scarcity of ammo currently.....COncealed 27

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Yup. buy what you can find. even if you don't have that caliber of gun, it's not like it's gonna go bad. I have ammo for guns I don't own yet, and trading is always an option. I've traded some of my white box .40 S&W for Hornady 55gr .223 in the last couple weeks.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Yup. buy what you can find. even if you don't have that caliber of gun, it's not like it's gonna go bad. I have ammo for guns I don't own yet, and trading is always an option. I've traded some of my white box .40 S&W for Hornady 55gr .223 in the last couple weeks.

I have so much ammo that its to much to carry..lol... will come in handy when the dollar is not worth the paper its printed on. Ammo,GOLD,Silver, and medical suppies will be in demand..I have all...JMHO

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I have so much ammo that its to much to carry..lol... will come in handy when the dollar is not worth the paper its printed on. Ammo,GOLD,Silver, and medical suppies will be in demand..I have all...JMHO

I never understood the gold and silver part. If things get really desperate, people will want food, clean water and a safe place to sleep. As things improve I can see things progressing. As people get back on their feet they'll need ammo to hunt or defend themselves with. It will still be a barter system though. You might have something I want and hopefully I'll have something you want to trade for (ammo, coffee, booze, cigarettes). I guess gold and silver could come into play there but mostly people will want to satisfy their vices.

If you bug in place and have services to offer then you could be paid in livestock. Having a couple chickens around for fresh eggs. I have so much spare door parts (bolts, nuts, lags etc.) I could open a hardware store. Plus I know carpentry, plumbing, AC & DC electricity and mechanics. So hopefully I'll be able to survive by doing odd jobs or fixing equipment. Of course this is all hypothetical. Lets hope it never gets that bad. I've read a number of TEOTWAWKI type books and this is the type picture they paint.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Gold and silver not much of...more ammo and other supplies than that...Just nice to have a little just in case you come across something that they will only take one of those items for a trade....a gun perhaps,IDK but my ammo situation is good so im happy about that, my meds are in order without them I die Period....Sad but true,
Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Gold and silver not much of...more ammo and other supplies than that...Just nice to have a little just in case you come across something that they will only take one of those items for a trade....a gun perhaps,IDK but my ammo situation is good so im happy about that, my meds are in order without them I die Period....Sad but true,
Concealed 27

Sorry to hear you are that dependent on meds. I too am on meds for my asthma but not having them won't kill me. I just need to be a lot more careful about what activities I do. Specially during the winter.

There are many people who if their meds supply get interrupted will have a bad outcome. Diabetics need to keep their insulin fresh & refrigerated. If an EMP sends us back 100 years their future is bleak.

If you haven't read it yet, get "One Second After". It's a fictional book about an EMP and how it affects a little town in NC called Black Mountain. How it affects the people and society. They touch on the meds not being available. Once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. Another good read is "Lights Out". Same premiss as OSA. Both books will change the way you think.
http://files.meetup.com/3499102/Lights_Out.pdf

Last edited:

ninja man

Full Access Member
hell, share the wealth. let me give you some money before it becomes worthless. i need .22 ammo. haha

Assault

Concealed 27

X2!!!!!! If there is a shortage of the 2 meds I depend on, I'm screwed!!!!!!!!!

If its up high, it's coming to the ground

Members online

No members online now.