U.S. Army issuing troops Swedish recoilless rifles

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
One bad ass long range weapon..surprised some American company didn't come up with it first.

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/80401a4e4ebb

Tank%20Gun.jpeg

kwo51

Full Access Member
Laws and 3.5 rocket launcher were tank killers but made here. We also use the FN 40 machine gun that is not a US gun and the Beretta that took the place of the 1911. Looks like we need other war mongers help in arming our guys.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
I think the M16/M4 is one of the few indigenous designs currently used by our military.

M249 SAW = FN Minimi (Belgium)
M240 GPMG = FN MAG (Belguim)
M9 = Berretta 92 (Italy)
M11 =Sig 228 (Switzerland)
Even the HK416s and SCAR-Hs used by SOCOM are not native.

They are all made stateside now, but the designs are foreign.

Heck, arm our guys with the best stuff we can get, I don't really care who designed it.

kwo51

Full Access Member
That is a valid point until you go to war and they are on the other side. Who will we fight when the one world government is in place? I think we should only buy from US made and owned products.

Last edited:

cce1302

Full Access Member
I should know the answer, but can anybody tell me what this does that can't be done by other rockets in our inventory, specifically the SMAW and AT-4?

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
A bit longer range, and a helluvalot cheaper per round.
The Carl Gustav isn't exactly a new weapon, it has been around for some time.

As for using only US weapons... The small arms we use are all built in the US now. We have purchased the rights and the machinery to make them here. IF Belgium, Italy, and Switzerland unleash there combined might against the US, we can still produce the weapons we need to defend ourselves against the threat.
One world Government...Pffft!:rolleyes:

kwo51

Full Access Member
I remember getting pieces of wire in my face when firing the 3.3. Back blast was a little dicey. Like our claymores, this side toward enemy.

Members online

No members online now.