Took some pics of the Wasr today.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Took some pics of the AK today.

THE AK FORUM IS WAY TOO DEAD. Feel free to add ur AK pics in here too.

Just like the title says.....1971 GP Wasr 10/63 UF
5 coats of dark cherry stain. 3 coats of Polly. Hand polished bolt.

DSCN1565_zps25edd869.jpg

DSCN1564_zps73e0dbee.jpg

DSCN1563_zps61886acf.jpg

EDIT: looks like refinishing the deck will be next!!

Last edited:

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Looking for a bigger pistol grip for mine.

Good Luck! I kept putting it off, just like the 2rd mag extension I need for my Rem 870.....Now since mid December there are NONE to be found locally. I found a MAKO grip while looking around online, I'm gonna order that before it's too late.

Last edited:

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Found random parts to stick on it. SureFire 6PL, and a cheap red dot that will never hold up.

DSCN1769.jpg

kwo51

Full Access Member
Bigger grip really makes a difference. I like to keep them simple AR also less to break when SHTF.

kwo51

Full Access Member
I put a tango down grip on mine and it feels good.Took the old rear grip and made it work on the front. This is my maadi:

Attachments

• Copy of P6090010.jpg
    Copy of P6090010.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

cce1302

Full Access Member
Here's my WASR.

IMG_2785.jpg

Muzzle Device:

IMG_2777.jpg

I tried a red dot, but it lasted 1 range trip.

I intend to get a folding buttstock one day as well, but it's fine for now.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
The red dot that I put on there was just to mount something on the rail for now. It won't survive the recoil. ($35 Truglo). I've been eyeballing the Bushnell TRS-25. Good reviews, and for under $100 I think I'm willing to try it. As for a front grip, I'm still undecided if I want a vertical forend or Magpuls AFG2..... I may have to buy both to see which one I like better. I'm also undecided on a pistol grip. The Tapco one on there now is way too small.

I still have other parts I want to change too. I'd like to get an AK-74 muzzle break, and new Safety selector switch too, but it needs to be compatible with my under-folder. I kinda limited myself with options when I bought the UF. I can't ever mount a collapsible stock without major modification, and since I put the UTG Pro Quad rail on, I can't lock my stock in the under folded position anymore.

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Cool pics. I do like the change up. Kinda motivates me to do some changes on my SAR1.

attachment.php

You're right, the AK thread is in need of some help. I"ll post up more pics of my SAR1. I actally thought I did already.

Attachments

• aksks 001.jpg
    aksks 001.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 39

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Looks the same to me buddy. I like those Micro Fiber Sofa's. I would have bought the same one again too. :rolleyes:

:rofl:

AHHH I see wutudidthere!! :nutkick::ROFLJest:

Yes microfiber furniture for the win! especially with children, pets, and PACKER SUNDAYS.

Last edited:

cce1302

Full Access Member
The red dot that I put on there was just to mount something on the rail for now. It won't survive the recoil. ($35 Truglo). I've been eyeballing the Bushnell TRS-25. Good reviews, and for under $100 I think I'm willing to try it. As for a front grip, I'm still undecided if I want a vertical forend or Magpuls AFG2..... I may have to buy both to see which one I like better. I'm also undecided on a pistol grip. The Tapco one on there now is way too small.

I still have other parts I want to change too. I'd like to get an AK-74 muzzle break, and new Safety selector switch too, but it needs to be compatible with my under-folder. I kinda limited myself with options when I bought the UF. I can't ever mount a collapsible stock without major modification, and since I put the UTG Pro Quad rail on, I can't lock my stock in the under folded position anymore.

I don't mind the small pistol grip. I have big hands, but it feels fine to me.

I think the ACE side folder is the stock that I want when I get around to replacing the fixed stock.

Members online

No members online now.