Tapco 30rds

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
To be honest those mags kind of suck, if you don't have anything they are better than nothing but don't expect them to function as well as Pmags.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
I agree with Rusty. Better than nothing but not much. If I was out I would buy what I could find. If you are just stocking up I would pass on that brand.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I agree also with the above posts...Unless you are in dire need of them. I have used them in my buddys AK, they were decent at best in that caliber.JHO

Concealed 27

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
So it is the Brand Tapco that's not any good, or just these mags?

When I was looking for detachable mags for an SKS, I looked around for reviews on reliable mags. Seemed the best I found with more good to say, and nothing bad was the Tapco Infuse 20rd mags. So I bought 2. Haven't used them yet. But I hope they're reliable. Or should I be looking some others?

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
AK or SKS tapco stuff is decent to good depending on the product, AR tapco stuff is junk.

Hope So. I really wanted 30rd mags, but I'd rather have 20 dependable rounds than 30 hope they don't jam rounds. So according to reviews is why I got the Tapco 20's. Thanks for the input. :waytogo:

Bluez

Full Access Member
To be honest those mags kind of suck, if you don't have anything they are better than nothing but don't expect them to function as well as Pmags.

I respectfully disagree.:)

If you compare apples to apples ( Gen 2 TAPCO to Gen 2 Pmags) the TAPCOS are all aorund every bit as good if not better.

They are both made out of the same material so the thicker lips of the TAPCO give it an edge.
I have also used both side by side extensively and see no difference, except the TAPCO bodies also seem stronger.
(Now the Gen 3 PMags body reminds me a bit of the TAPCOS)

I own more PMags than I do TAPCOs, but that's mostly due to me not discovering the gen 2 TAPCOS until I already had a lot of PMags.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.