Stealth Fighter

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
As close as Air Force would let me get....But that was awhile ago but my favorite black plane is SR-71 Blackbird. Cant find those pics, Sucks

508d1359554792-stealth-fighter-sc0062b7ab.jpg

Attachments

• sc0062b7ab.jpg
    sc0062b7ab.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:

armoredman

Full Access Member
Visit the Pima Air Museum in Tucson, AZ - you can walk under and touch a real Blackbird. Sanitized, of course, but still the real thing.

SR71.jpg

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
SR-71 is one of my all time favorites too. Read a story one where they tried mounting guns to it but it ended up flying into it's own bullets. The rounds slowed down but the plane didn't.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
SR-71 is one of my all time favorites too. Read a story one where they tried mounting guns to it but it ended up flying into it's own bullets. The rounds slowed down but the plane didn't.

Still holds air speed record after being retired since early 90s only to be brought back in "insomolia" i think. to gather intell....

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
they refuel right after lift off.. hook up with a c130 or other refuling aircraft. A difficult task for a machine to go slow when its meant to FLY around the world at a moments notice and in its hayday. They say nothing replaced that was on the books but its a black project , its not counted against the national debt..jmho, concealed 27

ViperJeff

Administrator
Got to walk up to a live in service SR-71 at Hill AFB where one landed for repairs (years ago). They covered up the Top Secret stuff and let us look at the rest. One amazing bird

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Got to walk up to a live in service SR-71 at Hill AFB where one landed for repairs (years ago). They covered up the Top Secret stuff and let us look at the rest. One amazing bird

Still amazing what "skunkworks" came up with.. way smarter dudes in one room than all of our members..lol

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
Shame both of those birds are now retired.

I get to look through this window and see a lit up SR71 every night on the way home from work.

f4c7bec7f98fc76b78f364369da89217.jpg

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Been to the Pima Air & Space Musuem in Tucson few years back..lots of aircraft, both American and Russian too. Even had a B-58 Hustler sitting there, which is my favorite bomber. If you get a chance stop by for a visit.

530d1359829750-stealth-fighter-b-58-hustler-sunset.jpg

Attachments

• B-58 Hustler at sunset.jpg
    B-58 Hustler at sunset.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Like the Russian migs...They are just cool, I dont know a damn thing about them but they seemed to good for the time..Im gonna take up some free time. lol...G27

KGBIGCOUNTRY

There is a SR-71 parked outside of Richmond International Airport along with a F-14 Tomcat and an F-4. Pass them once a week and look at them from the road. Back when I was real young I remember seeing the 71 and the 117 in a hanger at an airshow tucked in the very back away from the public to view fully.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts