Sig716

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
My new SIG716 cleaned, lubed, and ready to play. Still waiting on a 516 to arrive.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
I've been waiting for these pics. Very nice and congrats on the new rifle. I'm curious to hear how it performs. Makes me wish I would've kept my 556 :(

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Finally got to shoot it today. My ammo order didn't come so I had to scrounge up what I could. Did a complete cleaning and lube prior to heading to the range. I had 60 rounds of AE 150gr FMJ and 60 rounds of misc .308 that has been laying around since the late 70's. Currently shooting iron sights only. Have not made the investment into optics yet. Target set at 100 yards. First 20 rounds of AE were ceter mass and 4" high. 17 in a nice group and I pulled 3 low. Made a sight adjustment and set 20 more down range. Tight group 1" high. One more adjustment and the next 20 were in the bull. This thing shoots extremely well. Zero FTF or FTE's. It was flawless.

mgentry

Full Access Member
That really looks good - I've always liked Sigs but had not considered this rifle before. Where did you get it? Thanks!

Bullnettles

Full Access Member
Silver, you lucky dog. My sights were over 18" high at 100 yards (didn't have an opening in the shorter distances) so I had hell sighting it in. Once it was on, it did really well, no FTE/FTF. I got the Magpul buttstock pad (0.70") and it was fun to shoot. Couldn't do it all day, but definitely helped.

Bullnettles

Full Access Member
That really looks good - I've always liked Sigs but had not considered this rifle before. Where did you get it? Thanks!

Got mine at Gunbuyer.com, name is Laura. Super easy to deal with, and got mine for cheaper than anywhere else I could find. FDE edition for $1,700 shipped.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Silver, you lucky dog. My sights were over 18" high at 100 yards (didn't have an opening in the shorter distances) so I had hell sighting it in. Once it was on, it did really well, no FTE/FTF. I got the Magpul buttstock pad (0.70") and it was fun to shoot. Couldn't do it all day, but definitely helped.

I got lucky for certain. I don't have a spotting scope so I had no idea if I was on the paper. Once the range went cold I went down to check it and was pleasantly surprised. I will look into that thicker pad. After a 100+ rounds I felt it the next day. I just ordered a Geissele SSA-E trigger for it. Still have not decided on a scope. Tough to find decent optics in the $500-$600 range.

mgentry

Full Access Member
How did the Sig 716 handle the 308 recoil? I know the round is accurate but how the the rifle shoot for you? Details please!

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
My 716 is shooting fantastic. I have not invested in optics yet but with iron sites it is shooting very tight groups with whatever cheap ammo I can throw at it. As far as recoil, not bad at all. Yesterday I went through 250 rounds in about 90 minutes. Very easy to stay on target for follow up shots.

Members online

No members online now.