Review: Sure fire Muzzle Brake

Bluez

Full Access Member
Just purchased a slightly used name brand rifle in a light weight configuration ..it came equipped with a 14.5 inch barrel permanently pinned (for NFA legality) with a Surefire muzzle brake.

I am usually much more of a flashider kind of guy,.. than a muzzle break guy with an eye towards tactical employment …as minimizing my signature is more important to me than managing muzzle flip.
Never even noticed much muzzle flip in my shooting.

Previously viewed muzzlebreaks more as a competition set-up rather than as a practical tactical tool.

Despite what the marketing says I know this will make my rifle louder , increase blast to team members by my side and likely not do a good job hiding muzzle flash (compared to an actual flash hider)

So….. I was originally planning to get rid of the muzzle break and install a flashider on this gun…

But shot it today at MVT square range and man it was a revelation!!!
The thing is like magic!
… makes my gun feel like I am in the middle of a video game. :yahoo:

No muzzle flip of any kind, I guess I hadnt realized what muzzle flip was doing to me previously.

Follow-up shots are now like butter, and seem faster/more accurate.

Yes this muzzle break increases my signature but Dayum, if I am ever in a situation where I fight by myself against greater numbers, I want this in my struggle for fire superiority as fast follow up shots are now greatly eased and improved.

This is now promoted to primary gun for single man exfil out of the city.

Attachments

• 100_0754.jpg
    100_0754.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_0755.jpg
    100_0755.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_0756.jpg
    100_0756.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_0757.jpg
    100_0757.jpg