Review Farrar Ballistics 38 SPC reman

Bluez

Full Access Member
Bought 1000 rds ammo to support a nice handgunning weekend and was really looking forward to shooting it.

Came in 10 packs of 100 rds each inside a box.

But sadly Locked up my cylinder almost every time.
Tried it again on another revolver this weekend while opening a different bag hoping for a better result, this was when shooting with a friend at his house, this locked up this other revolver as well. ...
cylinder would not turn once again after shot 1.
- That Saturday evening I then hand selected out the most questionable looking rounds (pressure lines in brass, dents in brass) .
This removed about 20% of rounds of the next 2 bags. Again next morning I was still unable to shoot a single 6 shot drum... revolver locked up halfway thru the trigger pull.
an expanded case was clearly obstructing the turn of the cylinder.
Likely IMO cause , using too many times reloaded brass.

Company owner says its "the guns fault" says GP100s are "unreliable " and the dents i spotted in some rounds are FEDEx fault ..
This all that despite the fact that my GP has shot 100 s of trouble free rounds the previous weekend and then locking up with this ammo and his ammo only.

My buddies ancient 38 SPC Ammo functioned perfect afterwards as did my newer Fiocchi 125gr.
I was unable to complete even a single drill with this ammo.
This Ammo is badly faulty.. I have never experienced something like this before and to think I almost cached it.. :boxed:
Verdict.. not even nearly good enough to be training Ammo.

Sad the guy would not take it back, he responded to my email on this and to a previous request for tracking number quickly + well after business hours which impressed me so I really wanted to like this ammo.

But it is simply unusable Ammo.
Since the company is not taking it back I will give the remaining 960+ rounds to a buddy to pull bullets and powder for reloading.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
That why I use only once fired brass, my friend reloads for me and I have never had a problem. I feel bad for ya cause I'm sure it was not cheap. What was the name of the site or did you buy it at a shop.....just curious I wanna see his site. To bad some people in this world are idiots.
Concealed 27

Bluez

Full Access Member
I posted a couple reviews on different forums.

I always want to give people the benefit of the doubt.
I can tell its a new very small business ( my order number was only 818) and he answered emails late at night.

I would prefer to help him fix his processes rather than write bad reviews but he doesnt wan tot exchange the ammo...

kwo51

Full Access Member
He might as well go out of business if he can back up his product. What if he had put a double charge in a round and blew off your hand? That is what insurance is for.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Update.

A few weeks ago my reloading buddy checked it out.
Turns out Primers were out of spec in a portion of these rounds and projecting well past the rim.

We weeded out the bad rounds and now I only have problems with 1 in 20 rounds

kwo51

Full Access Member
I was firing in state 48 and my S&W model 19 pulled a primer out of the case from a quality ammo manufacture. Locked up that revolver and needed a rubber hammer to get it free.

oppo

Full Access Member
Thanks for the heads up. This guy has no business selling ammo. Selling ammo with high primers is unacceptable and dangerous. Then, he claims that GP100's are unreliable? What a dipshit.

Members online

No members online now.