Range 10/06/2012

ViperJeff

Administrator
Much better day. Shot a fraction of what I had done in the past. That was a good thing. Mixed the shooting with some very good training from Steve at Technical Advantage. Learned a lot of things I could do better. Everything from sighting, to grip. The grip was probably the biggest change for me. After changing the way I hold the gun, it is more steady and I no longer pull down and to the right. My shots were more up and to the left now and that was probably because I had been compensating for how I was shooting.

I'm getting more in the target area and spending less lead beating up the frame. It was by far a very good day. No just to dry fire what I'm learning and I look forward to next weekend and more improvement

I'll post up some targets a bit later

Arckadian

I went to the range with dad today and saw his shooting... It was a really big change when Steve was helping him out. He almost got one dead center of the target :D. I went with my XDS today and since I spent the week practicing my tigger squeeze and grip I think I did much better. I wish I could find last weeks targets so I could post them as well but I cant seem to locate them... So here are the ones from today.

These are posted in the order I pulled them down from... my last target is better than my first one.

Attachments

• IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 10

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I went to the range with dad today and saw his shooting... It was a really big change when Steve was helping him out. He almost got one dead center of the target :D. I went with my XDS today and since I spent the week practicing my tigger squeeze and grip I think I did much better. I wish I could find last weeks targets so I could post them as well but I cant seem to locate them... So here are the ones from today.

These are posted in the order I pulled them down from... my last target is better than my first one.

Come on you can admit it. Those are the targets from last week. There were so few holes in them that you could re-use them. :D

ViperJeff

Administrator
Now mine don't look as good as Jeremy's. There was more instruction than shooting at times. First one Left handed (didn't shoot much, lot of dry fire), second one right handed. The third one we work on grip, to include more than anything the placement of my fingures. stance and getting the trigger to firing position before shooting (double safty sometimes messes me up). The last one, I shot at both sides of the target. It will take some time to get used to holding the gun a new way. My shots were less eratic and the gun felt more comforable in my hand. I was no longer rolling the gun right as I shoot. I still have na issue with jerking (or slapping the trigger) and of course, the dreaded anticipation errors. The next time I go, the fram just may survive LOL

And I need to do more of that last shot, it will make me feel much better

Someday I hope to shoot as well with a handgun as I do a rifle (see avi)

Attachments

• 100612-01-web.jpg
    100612-01-web.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 5
  • 100612-02-web.jpg
    100612-02-web.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 100612-03-web.jpg
    100612-03-web.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 100612-04-web.jpg
    100612-04-web.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 100612-05-web.jpg
    100612-05-web.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 6

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
Yay! I went to the "range" today too!

Glad that your shooting is improving Jeff! Sometimes all it takes is for someone to watch you and give you a little feedback.

Well, I went to the country with a bunch of friends from work and we shot some!

These first pics are of the "Speedy Draw" contest that I actually won! Unfortunately, as often happens, the photographer didn't get any shots of himself...

This was a 3 yard, draw from the holster and shoot two shots in a paper plate contest. If either of the shots didn't hit the target, your time didn't count.
I did it in 1.49 secs from my IWB holster. The first pics are of the guy who got second place. (He also has a Purple Heart!)
DSC_0927.jpg

DSC_0937.jpg

This shot is cool! Notice the casing about to be ejected, and the one above the timer's head!
DSC_0952.jpg

DSC_0968.jpg

Last edited:

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
These pics are from the "Canned" Shoot.

Three cans each, first one to knock 'em off wins, double-elimination, double bracket. I got third.

DSC_0032.jpg

I am in the green hat... this is me losing the first round.
DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

ViperJeff

Administrator
Very Nice.......

We are probably going out and doing the paper plate routine this coming weekend

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
There was a skeet contest too... I tried, but I have not shot clays before. I think I hit about 2 out of 8...

Chris (Center) was our host for the day.
DSC_0786.jpg

Dean is trying his luck with The Judge. It wasn't lucky...
DSC_0761.jpg

DSC_0759.jpg

DSC_0758.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts