Price check= M1A

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
I've been reducing my collection as of late, trying to pear down the collection to guns that get used most often.
So, I'm thinking of selling my Springfeild M1A Scout. Putting a feeler out to get an idea of a reasonable price. Granted, there is a feeding frenzy on everything semi-auto, but I'm not looking to shaft anyone. However, I do realize these firearms are commanding a premium these days. Trying to get a reasonable appraisal.

croppedM1A.jpg

Springfield M1A Scout
Vltor Modstock
Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x
Springfield GenIII mount
Fulton Armory short forend Piccatiny
Harris model L bipod
Blue Force 2 pt. sling (not in photo)
5 - 20rd mags
2 - 5rd mags
200 rds of ammo in sealed battle pack.

Will also throw in...
Original stock and heat shield
Original LER scope mount
stripper clip guide

The rifle is a retired police patrol rifle and the original stock shows some "trunk rash" but the metal parts are in Very Good condition.
All other parts are also in VG condition...the rifle is a range baby.

I'm thinking of hitting a gunshow next weekend and putting $3500-$4000 on it.

Am I insane?

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Beautiful rifle. M1A Socom II is one of my dream rifles.

I'm not sure how much the scope you have is worth and I'm too lazy to search. With today's prices I think you're being pretty reasonable and shouldn't have a problem selling it. If it were mine I'd hold on to it though

Txhillbilly

Full Access Member
If someone really wants it,they'll pay whatever it cost in the crazy market of today.

I've been tossing around the idea of selling my 458 SOCOM and all the reloading supplies I have for for about the same price. But then,I don't have much trouble sleeping after being a Capitalist in markets like this!

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Start high. You can always lower the price. I watched a new SIG716 go out the door yesterday at my LGS for $5k.

Arckadian

I wouldnt mind actually trying to get that rifle.... but the only way I would ever be able to pay for it is with a payment plan :( Beautiful weapon though :) I agree above start high and allow for haggling on the price. But I wouldnt start at an outragous number might turn way to many people away.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Local gunshow last weekend. Bone stock M1A scout = $2200.
Had a dealer looking hard at mine, asked to see it several times and had a hard time giving it back. I think he wanted it just for himself.

Well, I guess it's officially for sale.
I've got other plans for the funds in the near future...
I'll post some better/more current photos in the next few days.

If anyone is interested PM me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts