Possible Luby's Cafeteria Massacre Thwarted in OKC???

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Turns out 3 innocent victims hit. 2 were minor, 1 being just a grazed. But the poor 12yo girl shot in the tailbone and the bullet lodged in her stomach, ended up losing part of her colon but is not paralyzed thankfully. She has a long recovery ahead of her but she will live and make very close to a full recovery eventually.

It was actually 2 different CCW patrons who approached the shooter and demanded that he drop the weapon several times. When he didn't drop it and raised it up, one of the CCW patrons fired until the shooter dropped.

Still lots of details coming about. I missed the 11:30am press confence but I'm sure there will be those details on the News at Noon. So far, no charges against the CCW Patrons and I doubt there will be.

Still no motive, but shooter has been identified as a 28yo white male. Terrorism has been ruled out as of right now.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Seems that this sort of thing is on the rise. I've stepped up from my 6 shot PT740 Slim to my 11 shot XD40. Cause ya just never know.

oppo

Full Access Member
Seems that this sort of thing is on the rise. I've stepped up from my 6 shot PT740 Slim to my 11 shot XD40. Cause ya just never know.

Eh, really we are just much more aware of it now. I certainly agree with carrying as much gun as you can though. There are times I just have a 380 in my pocket but typically I carry a full size M&P with 15+1 of 357 Sig on my hip. If I am ever unfortunate enough to have to use one, I would definitely rather have the M&P.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Yeah, It's the times we live in. Instant news 24/7 the moment it happens. I sometimes wonder how long news like this shooting would have taken to make it's way across the country say 30, 40 , 50 years ago. Would Walter Cronkite have been able to report it the same day? Instead of the talking head saying "News at 11:00", they have a live camera recording the event as it happens.

I know, some of you are saying....."Who's Walter Cronkite"?

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I like to carry my Glock 23 with a Glock 23 mag and 1 in the pipe to keep it smaller so it doesn't print hardly at all. So that's 14rds. On my other hip, a paddle holster with 2 more mags, but they are Glock 22 mags with XGrip spacers for another 15rds x 2. If I can't get it done with 44 rounds, then I couldn't get it done.

Though it's not always about the # of rounds. To me it's more about having 3 mags. In the event of a jamb, in a fire fight, in most cases you don't try to fix a jamb. Just drop the whole mag, rack the slide to clear, slam another mag and get back in it. Not likely going to need those rounds you just dropped in the event you do, hopefully you can get back to that mag and have a few seconds of cover to troubleshoot the failure. Though I don't really expect to have a jamb either since I keep my gun maintained, good self defense quality ammo and factory OE Glock mags, not aftermarkets, but when you're life depends on it, never say a jamb can't happen.

Members online

No members online now.