Pneumatic rifle?

Google search for images for "pneumatic rifle" shows various weapons. If this forum is the place for people's CGI images of ideas for weapons which do not exist in the real world, here is a CGI image of a an idea for a possible design for a pneumatic rifle that I thought of. (I am in Britain and you likely know what gun control is like here.) I am unlikely to be in a position to have a real gun, so I must limit myself to CGI art.
illus_01_a.jpg

The cylinder is a scuba diver's lifejacket / stab-jacket inflation cylinder.
Buoyancy compensator (diving) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The magazine only need contain the projectiles, not the explosive parts of cartridges, as the power is compressed air.

Man firing it:-
illus_00.jpg

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Pistol Grip, FAIL #1, ForeGrip, FAIL #2, Foldable Butt Stock FAIL#3,

Sorry that FAILS the Ban Test. Banned Weapon !!!

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Attach the gun via a hose to a backpack SCUBA tank. Makes the gun a little lighter and able to operate longer between recharge.

It would likely have a knob to turn to choose how much air from the cylinder to use for each shot, to choose firing power.

It shoots metal projectiles (cast lead or cut from a length of iron or steel rod), not potato.

Of the space inside the cylindrical body, the back end is for the mechanism and the rest is to fit the magazine in.

Last edited:

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
It would likely have a knob to turn to choose how much air from the cylinder to use for each shot, to choose firing power.

It shoots metal projectiles (cast lead or cut from a length of iron or steel rod), not potato.

Of the space inside the cylindrical body, the back end is for the mechanism and the rest is to fit the magazine in.

Yeah I got that, I was just saying the design is almost identical to several pneumatic potato cannons. Which there are some very detailed plans on the Internet if you search for them. You could easily find them, and scale them down to whatever caliber you want to shoot.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Here's another question, can y'all get reloading supplies over there? If you can, I'd make one with a rifle barrel and order bullets in that caliber. Just the bullet, not entire rounds of ammunition.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Maxx, Holy Shit! That was my first thought... of course ours were big enough to strap to a topless jeep and looked more like a recoiless rifle...:biggun:

SWSS

Full Access Member
Here's your pneumatic air rifle... Rogue .357

Attachments

• rogue357.jpg
    rogue357.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 9
Here's your pneumatic air rifle... Rogue .357

Thanks.

Cabela's: Benjamin Rogue .357 ePCP Air Rifle

In the Benjamin Rogue, the gas cylinder seems to be kept small enough to hide it in the mechanism to make the rifle look reasonably like an ordinary rifle for the sake of styling. What if the maker ignores styling and puts a visible large gas cylinder on top so it can store more power, even if it makes the gun look industrial?

I suppose it is a bit like trucks/lorries: British makers usually hide the exhaust system, or used to; USA makers make a display feature of the exhaust system.

Last edited:

SWSS

Full Access Member
Thanks.

Cabela's: Benjamin Rogue .357 ePCP Air Rifle

In the Benjamin Rogue, the gas cylinder seems to be kept small enough to hide it in the mechanism to make the rifle look reasonably like an ordinary rifle for the sake of styling. What if the maker ignores styling and puts a visible large gas cylinder on top so it can store more power, even if it makes the gun look industrial?

I suppose it is a bit like trucks/lorries: British makers usually hide the exhaust system, or used to; USA makers make a display feature of the exhaust system.
ah hell, ignore away, seems to be rampant now adays. if it can kill a hawg with one shot...cant be all bad. :ehcapt:

SWSS

Full Access Member
I am truly sorry Anthony. I am sorry you guys in the UK do not have the rich history such as ours here in the United States of Guns, er, I mean America. I really mean that. My children have no idea what it is like to live in a home, let a lone a country, where they are not allowed to own and shoot guns. I hope one day you can bring a "gun ownership" revolution to your life and home...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts