Opening day!

STF

Full Access Member
I'm getting excited/nervous a little. Deer rifle opens Nov1 here in Texas.

I'll be trying to take one with my 300Blackout ARpistol and I just got this camera to mount on it so hopefully I'll get some good video of it too.

My stand is falling over and I could'nt ever get out there to fix it so I'll either be sitting on the ground or in a tree....(the reason I'm a little nervous)

Gun:

TScottW99

Full Access Member
Good luck. I've only made it out once so far for bow season. Muzzleloader starts this weekend and I'm working. Hoping to go sit in my stand on Tuesday though.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Do you think the will give enough penetration at the shoulder? I know people that use 22 mags for deer but mostly head shots.

kwo51

Full Access Member
That would make a hell of a wound channel but will it go through bone. I'll look at the box of truth to see if they have tested the 300BO.

STF

Full Access Member
I'm not sure about bone but I'm betting it would at least shatter it a little. I think it will be fine.

I did want to go buy a pig or something and do a test video in that, Hopefully I'll get that test on a deer this weekend.

STF

Full Access Member
Changed my setup up a little. I didn't like the red dot with the magnifier for hunting.

TScottW99

Full Access Member
I like the scope better! It looks really sharp! I use a Leupold 2X on my .480 Ruger for hunting and really like it though I have though about putting a 4X on it.

STF

Full Access Member
Thanks, I took the pop up irons off too cause lets face it I was never going to fight zombies or blue hats with this one anyways and I don't have to worry about the batteries dying on the scope while hunting either

This scope is a cheap 3-9x42.

TScottW99

Full Access Member
OK, so I'm not an AR expert.
What's up with the folding buffer tube??

It allows you to fold the buffer tube out of the way for storage and/or carrying yet set the buffer tube back out to let it function. Pretty slick, now I just need a SBR :D

I have seen one or two before but have never tried one myself.

Members online

No members online now.