OK Another Step Closer to Constitutional Carry

kwo51

Full Access Member
Sure wish florida would have passed it. A republican senator shot it down. He's outa here !!!!!!

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Alright Mary, get your pen ready.

Not quite yet. There are 2 dozen business trying to fight it including Oklahoma Highway Patrol and OK Thunder basketball team. So it goes back to committee for possible changes, then has to go back through the process again if changes are made. No changes made, then it'll go to Mary's desk for signature and become law. Not quite out of the woods just yet. However, NRA is going to be at this committee meeting in defense to no changes in the bill. It's been said there are already 29 or 30 states with Constitutional Carry and there haven't been any major problems so OK should have Constitutional Carry also.

kwo51

Full Access Member
When will we get the freedom to follow the constitution again ? We seem to be going the wrong way.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
OSBI is bitching and moaning too saying they'll lose up to $8 Million a year in funding from Conceal Carry Permits. Doubtful IMO. Yes, they'll lose some, but they also won't have to be wasting time investigation law abiding non criminal citizens in lieu of. Many will still want to conceal carry. As it is now, if you have a permit, you can both conceal or open carry. Just that it'll be Open carry only for unlicensed over 21yo and non felon citizens.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Not sure open carry is smart all the time , I just don't want somebody going gogo my shirt riding up over my weapon.

oppo

Full Access Member
Not quite yet. There are 2 dozen business trying to fight it including Oklahoma Highway Patrol and OK Thunder basketball team. So it goes back to committee for possible changes, then has to go back through the process again if changes are made. No changes made, then it'll go to Mary's desk for signature and become law. Not quite out of the woods just yet. However, NRA is going to be at this committee meeting in defense to no changes in the bill. It's been said there are already 29 or 30 states with Constitutional Carry and there haven't been any major problems so OK should have Constitutional Carry also.

I am thinking positive, dang it. Lol

kwo51

Full Access Member
That is the way it went in florida, lawmaker that should have voted for it did not. A republican shot it down.

Arckadian

Utah keeps getting the constitutional carry bill brought up, but it never seems to get past the "Well at least we brought it up" stage. Ahh the joys of politics.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts