Offroad Toys

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Hey guys,
Haven't been around much lately. Been pretty busy with work, school, racing. Just wanted to throw out, if y'all are in to quads, bikes, jet ski's, side by side's, or any offroad vehicles. Go check out http://www.allohv.com/ It's another Fully Driven forum, and it's pretty dead right now. Trying to get it up and running. Not trying to spam, just trying to help another one of Shaggy's forums.

Again, if your in to anything offroad, go sign up to http://www.allohv.com/ and atleast check it out, post an introduction, and ask any questions you may want to know about.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Ok but if I sign up, you gotta put that $100 towards these boys I can't afford it anymore.....:D

DSCN0838.jpg

DSCN0781.jpg

oppo

Full Access Member
IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg

Can-Am Outlander 800R with 30x11's all the way around

oppo

Full Access Member
remind me to give you a call when I get the 450R stuck!!!
There is no telling how many people I have pulled out. That is a 3000 lb Warn winch mounted on the front and it is worth it's weight in gold.

Believe it or not, the first thing I ever pulled out with it was a Lincoln Navigator (2wd). The lady had gone down the trail to the lake and it rained pretty good later. She was trying to come back up the trail and slid off the side and got stuck. I pulled her out and then had to drag her all the way up to keep her on the trail.

Have known of 2 friends kids killed on quads.Be carefull.
Sorry to hear that. :(

Don't worry though, I nearly always keep it under 80. :D

Most of the time the pace is pretty tame because the wives are with us. When it is just me and my buddy, the pace is MUCH faster. It is pretty amazing what these big 4x4's are capable off. I have outrun Raptor 700's on mine. We always leave just a little in reserve on the trails, though. If you push it too close to the edge, you will go over it sooner or later.

kwo51

Full Access Member
These were all under the age of 12 and allowed to ride by themselves or with older siblings that rolled quad.

oppo

Full Access Member
These were all under the age of 12 and allowed to ride by themselves or with older siblings that rolled quad.

This is why, even though my youngest is 19, he has never taken our quads out without me there and why he wears a full face helmet. It is also why I have him on a Honda Rancher 420 that is, relatively speaking, light and modestly powered. I won't let him on my Outlander which is MUCH heavier and MUCH more powerful. He has turned into a very good rider but he doesn't have the judgement for a quad like that yet. I certainly won't say that the Honda wouldn't hurt him but under most circumstances, he could push it off of him. The Outlander, by comparison, would be like having a car land on top of him.

Offroading is a lot like shooting firearms. It is a great family activity but a certain amount of care is necessary to keep it safe.

oppo

Full Access Member
Here is an old one taken with the wife's phone.

meandcobywheely.jpg

...and the kiddo from a trip to Arkansas a couple years ago.

101_0127.jpg

Here is the day she came home, the last time she was truly clean.

IMG_6790.jpg

IMG_6795.jpg

Last edited:

oppo

Full Access Member
Too bad I don't have any from the school carnival this Christmas. I took the Outlander and the trailer up to the elementery school, stacked hay on the trailer, decorated them up, and took the kiddos on hay rides.

Max

Full Access Member
This is my little offroad toy.
It's basically a Yamaha DT80MX, but half of it is made of whatever I got if I needed parts.
So for example Headlights and tank are not original, as well as the piston, handlebar and about a dozen other small parts.
I purchased it four years ago for 210€ over ebay, fixed it over twelve months time, and learned how to drive it.
That pic is from 2010 (and it's not really good quality).
December 2012 I sold it, and by now regret it.

I know it's not much in comparsion to your stuff, but it's something to begin with.

Max

Attachments

• WF.JPG
    WF.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 9

ninja man

Full Access Member
we dont judge by how nice your stuff is. the fact that you get out and do it, is the important part. do what you love, forget what others say. you are out having fun and that what matters.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts