Obama looks to ban Social Security recipients from owning guns

priell3

Full Access Member
The Obama administration wants to keep people collecting Social Security benefits from owning guns if it is determined they are unable to manage their own affairs, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The push, which could potentially affect millions whose monthly disability payments are handled by others, is intended to bring the Social Security Administration in line with laws that prevent gun sales to felons, drug addicts, immigrants in the United States illegally, and others, according to the paper.

The language of federal gun laws restricts ownership to people who are unable to manage their own affairs due to "marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease” – which could potentially affect a large group within Social Security, the LA Times reported.

Obama admin looks to ban some Social Security recipients from owning guns | Fox News

kwo51

Full Access Member
Many of these people may have gun collections from their past that are investments. The government must pay face value for these guns to be removed from a family's estate or it is robbery by the state.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
How many of these people that they are targeting have gone on shooting sprees? Hello? Anyone? As usual, the government is trying to apply a fix to a non problem. It's all about control.

Social security recipients is a huge number. So lets declare them all incapable of taking care of themselves and confiscate all their weapons. Remember, it's for your own good and for the children.

kwo51

Full Access Member
While he is at it he could put the Flag at half staff for our men that were killed in Tennessee.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Just another angle of taken guns away from us any which way he can..he's got 18 more months in office..hold on for the final ride.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Flag is at half staff today. He reading our posts????

Boehner did it. Not BHO.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...-flags-at-half-staff-after-tennessee-shooting

7Aq9ugbGxSollNGwbIg6dgHDY71_-iNsINb-3Sm9PMc=w672-h527-no

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator

This is interesting. Boehner orders flags at half staff over the Capital. BHO orders them half over the White House and everywhere else. I see the difference now. I thought when one political figure ordered the flags to half staff it meant everywhere.

Now I wonder who was first to make the order. Boehner or BHO. If I was a bettin' man, I'd say Boehner did it first and BHO did it to save face. But that's just my distain for BHO getting out.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
He isn't a commander-in-chief that's for sure...the last one I really had a distain for was Jimmy Carter, who was totally inept but Obama seems to enjoy dissing our veterans and this country.

Arckadian

I just don't get it. The old and infirm are now the bad guys?? Just like me, former military, is a domestic terrorist. I just don't get it anymore.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Sleeping giant getting restless!!!!! Lion running lose in city and crime rate goes down. We need more Lions!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.