My range time...

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
I am at the range about 3 days a week most weeks. But, I don't always get to shoot. Well... we moved to a new range last week and I will be able to shoot more often!! (As long as I can afford the ammo. :rolleyes: )

I will post some targets here from time to time.

Here is one from a couple of months ago. This was 6 shots from a CMMG AR-15 using Federal 55 grain .223 ammo. I was verifying zero because the shooter said it was off...

photobucket-25572-1349022401687.jpg

Now I keep that target hanging by my cubicle... :D

Arckadian

I would have to say that zero is not off on the weapon, but on the weilder... that is a very nice shot grouping you have there.

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
I am at the range about 3 days a week most weeks. But, I don't always get to shoot. Well... we moved to a new range last week and I will be able to shoot more often!! (As long as I can afford the ammo. :rolleyes: )

I will post some targets here from time to time.

Here is one from a couple of months ago. This was 6 shots from a CMMG AR-15 using Federal 55 grain .223 ammo. I was verifying zero because the shooter said it was off...

photobucket-25572-1349022401687.jpg

Now I keep that target hanging by my cubicle... :D

You missed the little dot dead center hahaha NICE GROUPING :)

Arckadian

my only problem with that 25 meter target with the 300 meter guy in the center, is that an actual target 300 meters away requires a few things to be done by the weapon holder which makes shooting at that range a little more difficult.... shooting at a target only 25 meters away is not as much of a challenge :D Just saying

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
my only problem with that 25 meter target with the 300 meter guy in the center, is that an actual target 300 meters away requires a few things to be done by the weapon holder which makes shooting at that range a little more difficult.... shooting at a target only 25 meters away is not as much of a challenge :D Just saying

IT is with your eyes closed :D

sixtyin5

Full Access Member

That depends on the range...

The only thing that would make it different would be the wind, and only if it was fairly strong, it is a fast round. The .223 rounds strike at the same elevation at 25 meters and 300 meters, so no need to compensate for drop at 300 meters. Now, put a target up at about 150 meters with the same sights, and I would be challenged. :D

Arckadian

I know that when I was in the military and at the firing range the instructors always told us that if we wanted to hit the 300 meter target we should aim for the top of the head. That was with the M16 5.56 rounds. (basically the same as the AR-15 you used I believe) Now I was able to hit that target sometimes but it is a difficult target to hit when you are in the prone position looking up a hill :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts