My new rig

Bluez

Full Access Member
Been selling a couple of my other ARs to afford this one.
I didnt want to post it until it was complete (took a couple of months).

Every single part on this gun is high-end except the angled sights and the Bipod (UTG).
Most of this I bought as a package unfired used.

- Seekings Precsion Billet Lower
- Vltor Mur 1D Upper
- Geissele Rail
- Noveske barrel (Ceracoted)
- There is an upgraded trigger group that "holds" a set , but I am not sure what brand it was.
- hardchromed BCG/bolt
- The Scope I got is Nikon 3-9x40 Prostaff in Real Tree Camo (Since the gun came hydrodipped camoed I made sure the scope was too)
Zeroed it yesterday but my scope mount screws came loose from it so I nee dot rezero (are we supposed to use locktite on those? I screwed 'em down hard now.

Attachments

• 100_0626.jpg
    100_0626.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_0627.jpg
    100_0627.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_0628.jpg
    100_0628.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 37

oppo

Full Access Member
Sweet rifle :waytogo: and I usually don't but you certainly can use loctite. My LaRue mount came with loctite already on the threads.

Bluez

Full Access Member
I know very little about scopes..

But recently I got some input to use locktite on all screws.

So should I take the ring screws apart and redo them with locktite?
Hate to take it all apart and rescrew it I am sure those screws can be tightened down only so and so often?

Bluez

Full Access Member
Ok I got it.. yes the off set sights I have yet to use.

I will practice some with them.
I will probably run a complete combat rifle class just on offsites to get proficient at them:)

kwo51

Full Access Member
I'm still not sure a defensive rifle would need these. Co witness and red dot should do the same.I'm just a party popper. My guns are all working guns and need to be abused. When they quit running you can use them as hammers .

Bluez

Full Access Member
I'm still not sure a defensive rifle would need these. Co witness and red dot should do the same.I'm just a party popper. My guns are all working guns and need to be abused. When they quit running you can use them as hammers .

But co witness on a scope doesnt work.

Only on a redot of reflex sight.:)

kwo51

Full Access Member
I would have to research that,I think it will work through some lower power scopes. Also that is why flip over mounts were made. I understand that the ar would only be a 400 yard 22. Using 223 on a man or large game (hog) or larger at 400+ is hopeful thinking.IMO

Last edited:

Bluez

Full Access Member
I would have to research that,I think it will work through some lower power scopes. Also that is why flip over mounts were made. I understand that the ar would only be a 400 yard 22. Using 223 on a man or large game (hog) or larger at 400+ is hopeful thinking.IMO

I am thinking of it as a conflict rifle rather than a hunting rifle.
With the billet upper and CHF Noveske barrel/chamber i know it can handle hot loads.

It will be fed with 69,75 and 77 match grade ammo at hotter loads.
I am confident of being bale ot do 600 yards w/ it.

The flip ups I only use on redots and such.
The angled is if I get very close engagement too close to quickly react w/ the scope.

I'll play around a bit with it in the woods and then see how practical it is.:)

kwo51

Full Access Member
I have flip up sights on my ar. I had filp over 3 by 9 scope on a 30:06 . I allow for murphy in most of my dealings with life.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Update.

zeroed it and found I need the scope moved forwards a bit.
re locktited it.
Still have not used the side mounts at a class.

Might do a Scout/Sniper Class when one is available in my area

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts