Modify my AK or no?

Mockstar

Full Access Member
So I'm really bored with the under-folding stock on my wasr10. I'm thinking of just removing the under-folder since it's uncomfortable, and doesn't fold all the way anyway anymore because of my quad rail.

My idea is to weld a castle nut to the rear trunnion, and put on a empty buffer tube with a butt-stock. What would be the cons against doing this, and do you think it would hold up?

:hmmm2:

Bluez

Full Access Member
I prefer a fixed stock over an underfolder the same reasons you just mentioend.
I think if done well it would be a great mod.

Of course there is the Con of messing it up possibly..

Still would love to see you do it as a project and post it here on WF :)

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
One factor to consider is loss of integrity / strength of the receiver with the underfolder removed. best bet is to disassemble the stock mechanism, remove the actual stock, and reinstall the underfolding hardware into the receiver so it fills the gap. Then drill and tap 2 10/32 holes in the flat back of the rear trunion. buy one of these guys, ACE CAR 15 STOCK Pignose ADAPTER SAIGA AK47. You can even throw in a side folder that the adapter bolts into, SAIGA FOLDING MECHANISM AK47 PUSH Button ACE. both are good quality parts. We use them often.:mexsmoke:

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Wow. I like the idea of that pignose. I didn't even know there was such a thing. My original idea was to leave the under-folder hardware in place, and install a 4mm stainless flat washer to fill in the gap on both sides after removing the stock. I didn't want to leave the holes exposed at all.

Is there still enough "meat" on the rear trunnion to drill and tap into? Looking at mine, the inside is not flat, so putting in some kind of reinforcement bar in isn't an easy option.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts