Mhy new AR

Bluez

Full Access Member
(Arrgh cant edit the typo in the title)

Here is my new ( to me) Ruger SR556 CLA.

It is essentially a combination of the Ruger SR556 "C" model (shorter barrel with pinned muzzlebrake for 16 inch total lenght) and thier "E" model with the lightweight Essential only rails.

The good:

- Cold hammer forged barrell
- Chrome lined like the "C" model
- the popular LW rails of the "E" model
- the chrome piston system of both
- the chromed BCG and bolt of the "C" model
- No signs of carrier tilt at all.

I like the SBR look it has due ot the slightly shorter barrell (approx 15 inch)

Seller added a MagPul stock and improved trigger guard.

The bad:
- I paid a price for LNIB rifle and its not LNIB IMO
- small scathces everywhere
- The Magpul Bad level is crap... it's not reliable at locking the bolt to the rear,.. with it it only works well the other direction ( release)
- While lower looks near new and the BCG and bolt also do but.. lowers dont see alot of strees and the BCG and bolt on these are hard as nails....am not really believing the "300 rds LNIB" sales pitch
-The light weight rail has one of its screw holes stripped and its the one you need to put the rial attachment to mount a VFG at the right spot .

All in all a cool rifle but i , once again, overpaid. I texted the guy and the swears up and down its a 300rd count rifle

And now for the pics!:

Attachments

• 100_0489.jpg
    100_0489.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_0487.jpg
    100_0487.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0488.jpg
    100_0488.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0490.jpg
    100_0490.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Bluez

Full Access Member
The sights are not the ones Ruger issues with the gun. The seller forgot them and will send them tome (they are NICE Ruger branded troy flip-ups and I am looking forward to them)..

In the meantime I put on a spare set of LMT Irons I had lying around and the VFG is a Daniel Defense.
But the seller had stripped the place where the screws go in on this light rail system so that 1913 rail attachment the VFG is on need ot be moved or replaced with a AFG which imposes less force. I am hesitant to nbuy another LW rail system from Ruger ($$)

Bluez

Full Access Member
Thanks for the welcome!!

BTW sorry for my typos they are worse than usual because i cant wear my right contact due to upcoming eye surgery in that eye :)

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
No problem

I'm by no means a grammar expert so it doesn't bother me one bit. If it wasn't for this fancy phone doing most of the grammar for me I'd have a ton of typos lol

Members online

No members online now.