Legal OC and PPD Stupidity

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
Wow...
These guys are ignorant of the law, and clearly against open carry.

I like the point he raised about stopping everyone driving... they didn't have an answer for that....

"You bring this on yourself..."
These guys are unbelievable. Then he follows him into the barber shop?

I wish cops would learn to correctly phonetically spell... that's annoying.

Last edited:

priell3

Full Access Member
New video shows cops harassing man legally carrying gun
PHILADELPHIA police officers are supposed to be educated about civilian gun laws - especially since an expletive-laden altercation with a licensed gun owner ended up on YouTube last year and led to a $25,000 court settlement.

For the record: It's perfectly legal to openly carry a handgun in the city - with a valid permit. Everywhere else in the state, a permit is needed only if the gun is concealed.

But apparently not everyone in the Police Department got the memo.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2..._cops_harassing_man_legally_carrying_gun.html

TacticalAdvantage

Full Access Member
Guns should be carried for personal defense, not Activism.

I will start by saying, I fully believe in and support the 2nd Amendment. I believe we all have a God Given Individual Right to keep and bear arms that the Government Shall Not Infringe. I also believe that Open Carry is covered under the 2nd Amendment. I also believe, and teach, that with that right, comes Responsibility. Responsible gun ownership, and Responsible Carry, enhances the relationship between Law Enforcement and the Gun Owners, but Irresponsible Owners, and Irresponsible Carriers, are detrimental to that relationship. So with that in mind, I bring you the following.

Irresponsible Open Carry Activism Jeopardizes The RKBA

The best way to do that 99% of the time is Concealed Carry. Even if people do choose to Open Carry, they shouldn’t do it to provoke confrontation nor be uncooperative with the police while doing it. It makes gun owners look bad, turns cops against us, wastes their valuable time and certainly isn’t going to make it more likely that people will think “oh, gun owners are normal people, not trouble makers.

Spread the Word. Most people have realized that the time for “solidarity” through tolerance of the guys carrying guns with video cameras has come and gone. Their bravado is jeopardizing our RKBA and should be seen as an embarrassment to responsible gun owners. When the OC Movement started, people carrying while going about their daily business to show responsibly armed people are part of everyday life, it made some sense… but, the extremists have spun out of control. Let’s make sure that the firearms community is condemning this behavior.

I am not calling for a change in laws or for us to ostracize people who carry openly in a responsible, civil manner. Perhaps responsible OCers should be most concerned and the most openly critical of those who are using their guns to get (inevitably negative) attention?
Obviously, I am a proponent of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and do not want to to see OC made illegal, but I fear that will happen more and more often, in more and more places (as it already has it one state), if the confrontational actions of a very few reckless people continue.

oppo

Full Access Member
Guns should be carried for personal defense, not Activism.

I will start by saying, I fully believe in and support the 2nd Amendment. I believe we all have a God Given Individual Right to keep and bear arms that the Government Shall Not Infringe. I also believe that Open Carry is covered under the 2nd Amendment. I also believe, and teach, that with that right, comes Responsibility. Responsible gun ownership, and Responsible Carry, enhances the relationship between Law Enforcement and the Gun Owners, but Irresponsible Owners, and Irresponsible Carriers, are detrimental to that relationship. So with that in mind, I bring you the following.

Irresponsible Open Carry Activism Jeopardizes The RKBA

The best way to do that 99% of the time is Concealed Carry. Even if people do choose to Open Carry, they shouldn’t do it to provoke confrontation nor be uncooperative with the police while doing it. It makes gun owners look bad, turns cops against us, wastes their valuable time and certainly isn’t going to make it more likely that people will think “oh, gun owners are normal people, not trouble makers.

Spread the Word. Most people have realized that the time for “solidarity” through tolerance of the guys carrying guns with video cameras has come and gone. Their bravado is jeopardizing our RKBA and should be seen as an embarrassment to responsible gun owners. When the OC Movement started, people carrying while going about their daily business to show responsibly armed people are part of everyday life, it made some sense… but, the extremists have spun out of control. Let’s make sure that the firearms community is condemning this behavior.

I am not calling for a change in laws or for us to ostracize people who carry openly in a responsible, civil manner. Perhaps responsible OCers should be most concerned and the most openly critical of those who are using their guns to get (inevitably negative) attention?
Obviously, I am a proponent of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and do not want to to see OC made illegal, but I fear that will happen more and more often, in more and more places (as it already has it one state), if the confrontational actions of a very few reckless people continue.

According to the officers' own admission, this man had been stopped and investigated on several occasions in a short amount of time by officers who knew he had been stopped before. That is not enforcement. That is harassment. How many times would let yourself be harried before you clicked record on your cellphone? This didn't appear to be a second party with a video camera.

What the man in the video did was perfectly legal. What the officer did was harass him, display an ignorance of the law, attempt to bully him into conforming to the officer's opinion, and generally act like a jackass. That is who we should be upset with.

TacticalAdvantage

Full Access Member
While this part of the Forum is for CONCEALED Firearms, why would someone post something related to OPEN carry HERE, except for Activism... ????

kwo51

Full Access Member
Did our forefarthers carry their rifles concealed?????Walk into a jewelry store were all the owners are open carrying ,you going to rob it?? Maybe once!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts