Just installed a End plate adapter Quick disconnect - First Impressions

Bluez

Full Access Member
I was always dubious in using the quick disconnect hole provided by my Magpul CTR stock since the forces of the carried rifle would exert quite a lot of angle of momentum against the single polymer bolt securing the stock to the buffer tube.

it seems like something that would wear out eventually and on the way to it produce a lot of wiggle in the stock.

I hate wiggle.
Even the wiggle inherent in our best modern adjustable stocks is almost more than I can bear.

So I insatlled a End Plate Adaptor Quick disconnect.
Had to remove my MagPul CTR stock.. (scuffed it quite a bit with my screwdriver trying to hold down the black nut later grrr)

Installed IAW directions.

Final product fits fine but it seems like I am adding some needless bulk right there especially with the disconnect on the hole.
Also the aluminum ring seems to move quite freely and I am not sure I like that.
I screwed it down pretty tight but didnt dare to screw it down supertight fearing stripping those bolts.

So with the weight on a rifle resting on the sling the adaptor swivels up as you cna see in the pic and blocks the charging handle.

Also now the Stock will not fully slide forward (as expected) but this leave even room for some lateral movement on the part of the adaptor.
also I suspect the screw may need periodic tightening with an allen wrench. (I would have preferred flat head since you can ALWAYS find a flathead)

So for some reason I am not really warming up to it all that much especially since i like my stuff to be real tight.
I ahve yet to decide if I will leave it on or take it off and made do with the hole provided in the stock.

LWRC added a nice solid hole for a quick disconnect into its front rail but didnt put a disconnect hole into the back of the lower receiver like Daniel Defense did, which is a much preferred solution IMO.

Attachments

• 100_1601.jpg
    100_1601.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_1603.jpg
    100_1603.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1602.jpg
    100_1602.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Members online