I've joined the semi auto .308 club.

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
I originally wanted a SCAR 17, but they are outside of my budget for a rifle that will not be frequently shot.

So I settled on an HK-91 clone, PTR seems to be the best of these so that's what I went with. Mags are also dirt cheap...averaging 4 bucks a piece for 20 rounders.

51feff3b8da1f22ca4a5ad4f58bf700d.jpg

There are also a surprising number of upgrades available for these, everything from collapsible and side folding stocks to complete lowers.

Now if only I could afford the .308. :(

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Nice rifle,
Now you just need the proverbial mule-team to pull back the charging handle:smokin:

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
Nice rifle,
Now you just need the proverbial mule-team to pull back the charging handle:smokin:

You ain't kidding, not only does it take some force....that charging handle is way out there, I shoot left handed and this is the first left charging rifle I've came across that I can't reach with my left arm.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
And they kick like a mule. Other than that if it's half as reliable as the HK version it will eat anything and run forever.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Actually I kinda like the recoil of the roller-block action. It's more of a push than a kick. Different from my M1A yes, but not really more or less. IMO.

I also like the "ker-chunk" sound of the action when firing

Members online

No members online now.