Hurricane Sandy

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Agreed !!! Keep safe, don't take anything for granted. Better safe than sorry.

Some of you who are not normally hit by hurricanes appear to be going to get this this time or at least not hit often. I'd get my eye on the weather NOW and while you still have time to prepare, do so and get a few items you might need to avoid the rush if not to late.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Not projected to be in the path but it might skirt us. Going to get about 10 gallons of gas just to be on the safe side. Never can tell if it'll start left a little sooner than expected.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Glad I don't live on the East coast right now...

Attachments

• Record rain in New York City.jpg
    Record rain in New York City.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 4

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
Stay safe!

My wife just left Dallas this morning on her way to RI to support the pending disaster... stupid Sandy...

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Go here to track the hurricane .... http://www.wunderground.com/

This is the best weather site I know of. My dad uses this because he lives in a rural area OK. Most sites give weather for the big cities area, like OKC, Tulsa, Dallas etc, but you can't seem to get weather where you're at. He's 70 miles East of OKC about 60 miles South and 18 miles West of Tulsa so he can't get accurate weather from most places, but he can these guys damn near to his doorstep and usually right on target too.

Last edited:

Dave

Bumpin it up top !!!

How are you New Englanders doing??? Is the bitch losing strength.. I hope???

It is gaining strength and getting wider (900 miles across now they say). Should hit from NC to Maine with the center in Northern Jersey above Atlantic City. That's the last I heard. Not good. If it takes out all that east coast infrastructure it will affect the whole country's economy to some extent. The power companies expect 10 million without power and are mobilizing grid workers from all over the country to head east. I saw a power truck from Mississippi today and I am way Upstate NY. Not good. A very serious storm.

Dave

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
My wife is in Cranston, RI. She said the trailer she is working from was rocking in the high wind, so they sent them to the hotel to work from their rooms...

She said that they expect the wind and water damage to be extremely extensive.

Manhattan and surrounding areas on the coast are in the 12-15 ft. storm surge area. That much water will devastate the subway system and most of downtown...

It's going to be epic.

Dave

NY,NJ,RI, got hammered real bad and my heart goes out to all affected down there.

In Upstate NY where I am we barely got any rain and just mild wind and no damage. We are too far from the coast and NYC up here so we lucked out.

Hope anyone else on the forum that was down on the coastal areas is ok.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.