HR-218 Qualification

Old School

Well it was that time again for this old retired LEO to do his annual HR-218 qualification.

For the last few years I have only used my Glock 23 for the event but this year I also wanted to qualify with a revolver so I brought the S&W Model 65 with round butt and 3" barrel.

I have been collecting social security for a couple years now and though I wear bi-focals I can see the front sight clearly without them so I only wear shooting glasses on the range.

In Florida the qualification course for HR-218 is the FDLE minimum standards course so a couple of reloads, some double taps and a minimum score of 32 out of 40 will get you passed.

I shoot revolvers on a regular basis at my local outdoor range working from the holster and using HKS speed loaders so I felt I should at least be able to pass this little excercise.

I did shoot .38 spl. 158 gr. LSWC and not .357 loads.

A little unashamed self promotion here. LOL.

Regards,

Old School shooting Old School

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Is that for your federal permit? Gun you qualify with is on your card, or is it just semi and revolver.

Old School

Is that for your federal permit? Gun you qualify with is on your card, or is it just semi and revolver.

That meets the qulification for HR-218 The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004.

http://www.leaa.org/218/218text.html

Once qualified you can carry any semi or revolver.

You must also have on your person while carrying you current or retired LEO identification card.

I also have a Florida Concealed Weapons permit which allows for same day gun purchase which HR-218 does not.

Regards,

Old School

Members online

No members online now.