Hockey fan brings gun to game

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
TAMPA, Fla. — Police say a 27-year-old St. Petersburg man faces misdemeanor charges after bringing a gun to the Tampa Bay Lightning playoff game against the Montreal Canadiens.

Someone saw Lucas Cassidy drop the gun inside a bathroom at the Amalie Arena on Wednesday night and notified authorities. When a Tampa police officer confronted Cassidy, he told her he had a gun in his pocket.

Police say that since Cassidy has a valid concealed weapon permit, he will face a second-degree misdemeanor charge of bringing a gun to a sporting event, rather than a felony charge. Police say he wasn't screened properly when he arrived at the arena.

Doesn't say if you can't bring a gun to the game but dropping it in the bathroom was real stupid in my opinion..it could of discharged and shot himself or somebody else. If he had it in his pocket then sounds like too no holster. Not too bright either. Minor news story but could of turned into something more tragic.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Moral of the story is, if you're going to conceal carry, carry it properly in a holster with retention. Sticking it in your pocket (unholstered) is irresponsible and potentially dangerous to you and others around you.

I do have a pocket pistol but the whole holster and gun fits in my pocket as well.

kwo51

Full Access Member
I carry with a belt clip 90% of the time. Going to the rest room has always been a problem. 2 white house ss agents left guns in the rest room. LEO put gun on door stop where it discharge 2 times really embarrassing someone. Have seen guns fall out of holsters also ,some retention holsters are better than others. Responsable CCW is just that. What I needed most at hockey games was ear plugs!!!!!

Last edited:

oppo

Full Access Member
Retention holster? No thanks. I have climbed trees, crawled under cars, played football with the kids, been drug by livestock, you name it and my pistol stayed put just fine in a regular IWB holster. I don't need a retention device to jack with when I need my pistol.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I'm not talking about one of those holsters where you need to press a lever or undo a snap to release the gun. By "retention" all I mean is a holster that fits your gun snugly. A form fitting holster. Like a girl in yoga pants.

My inexpensive Tagua holsters are retention holsters. You can turn the holster upside down and the gun won't just fall out. It holds your gun securely. Something like this.

b4645e6297d5.jpg

oppo

Full Access Member
Ah, you mean a proper fitting holster. We are on the same page there. With the one I have, you can even adjust it for "snugness".

kwo51

Full Access Member
Even the old cowboys had hammer loops on the leather. Keeping gun holstered while working from horse back could be challenging.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Even the old cowboys had hammer loops on the leather. Keeping gun holstered while working from horse back could be challenging.

That'd be awful. Reaching for your equalizer and finding out you lost it on the trail somewhere.

Members online

No members online now.