Hi, my name is Kyle, and I have a sickness

KKing

Full Access Member
Not literally, just figuratively. Just noticed a pattern in my gun buying/collecting I figured I'd share. I recently purchased a Kahr CM9 online to replace my pf9 as my EDC. Well while I was waiting for it to arrive I proceeded to buy 3 spare mags, Pearce grip extensions, trijicon front sight, and a machined slide stop lever to replace the cast one that comes on the gun. So, before I even had the pistol in my possession I had toys ready and waiting to go on it. The reason I said I noticed a pattern is because in my range bag I have a vertical foregrip, bipod, and scope with upgraded rings, all just waiting for the carbine I have coming (hopefully soon but every manufacturer is backed up). I would think normally most would wait until they got the gun in their hands to see how they like it in its factory form, not I, I am a sick individual lol. Just wondered if anyone else shared this disease of the impatient gun owner lol. I'm pretty sure the only cure for it is more cowbell, or just more guns :crazy:

Last edited:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Not literally, just figuratively. Just noticed a pattern in my gun buying/collecting I figured I'd share. I recently purchased a Kahr CM9 online to replace my pf9 as my EDC. Well while I was waiting for it to arrive I proceeded to buy 3 spare mags, Pearce grip extensions, trijicon front sight, and a machined slide stop lever to replace the cast one that comes on the gun. So, before I even had the pistol in my possession I had toys ready and waiting to go on it. The reason I said I noticed a pattern is because in my range bag I have a vertical foregrip, bipod, and scope with upgraded rings, all just waiting for the carbine I have coming (hopefully soon but every manufacturer is backed up). I would think normally most would wait until they got the gun in their hands to see how they like it in its factory form, not I, I am a sick individual lol. Just wondered if anyone else shared this disease of the impatient gun owner lol. I'm pretty sure the only cure for it is more cowbell, or just more guns :crazy:

Its good to do your research on the guns you have coming in. You say u have a sickness so i will play Dr. Go online and set up a folder on your desktop, copy and paste all the goodies u are thinking about getting for the guns that are not in your possession yet and keep them in the folder, so when your weapon comes all you have to do is open folder and start getting the items u want in order of what you need first. This will save your pocketbook from buying things you are not sure u need. I do my share of shopping but not for anything that's not in my collection..... Hope that helps ya. Concealed 27:signs8:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator

It's not a sickness. It's what you better be doing or you won't be able to get the stuff later on, or you will pay alot more for it. I've even bought a total of 9 mags for guns I don't even own. Because I found them early on, didn't get price gouged, and fully intend to own these guns in the near future. Hopefully in the next couple months. Some of them have tripled in price now, but all have at least doubled. I've also bought ATI foldable and/or pistol grip stocks for guns I don't yet own, but fully intend to. I also did not get gouged on those either. So I've got 2 stocks, and 9 mags but no guns. Granted, I can find a use for the parts even if I don't get the guns in time to be Pre Ban, or I'll sell them for a nifty profit to those who did get their gun Pre Ban. No way to lose. Keep doing what you're doing !!!

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
It's not a sickness. It's what you better be doing or you won't be able to get the stuff later on, or you will pay alot more for it. I've even bought a total of 9 mags for guns I don't even own. Because I found them early on, didn't get price gouged, and fully intend to own these guns in the near future. Hopefully in the next couple months. Some of them have tripled in price now, but all have at least doubled. I've also bought ATI foldable and/or pistol grip stocks for guns I don't yet own, but fully intend to. I also did not get gouged on those either. So I've got 2 stocks, and 9 mags but no guns. Granted, I can find a use for the parts even if I don't get the guns in time to be Pre Ban, or I'll sell them for a nifty profit to those who did get their gun Pre Ban. No way to lose. Keep doing what you're doing !!!

I agree with all that, I was under the impression that he has done with every gun before the BS happened. I'm sitting on a bunch of glock mags I think like 15 mags for 3 guns.. all got before tradagy. Now the media is telling us the truth about what really happened and if they pass a mag limit I will not obid by it, I still will carry hi cap mags cause if i ever need to draw my wepon imma kill you. It probably would be a misdemer charge, now if its a felony charge I won't mess around with it. I will still carry hicap mags but just loaded with 10....jmho Concealed 27

KKing

Full Access Member
Whew, good to know I'm not the only one. Like you guys I have stuff for guns I don't own yet. Folding stocks, magazines, you name it. In all fairness, I love my sickness.

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I didn't have a stock pille of mags. I've bought those 9 like 2-3 days after CT, also bought another SKS for under $200 out the door. Actually a private sale. And the 2 adjustable ATI pistol grip stocks.

And so what is wrong with buying all the adders before you even get the gun? Are you telling me when the wife was pregnant, you weren't out buying diapers, bottles, clothes and things like that before the baby arrived??? So what's the difference??? :shrug:

KKing

Full Access Member
I didn't have a stock pille of mags. I've bought those 9 like 2-3 days after CT, also bought another SKS for under $200 out the door. Actually a private sale. And the 2 adjustable ATI pistol grip stocks.

And so what is wrong with buying all the adders before you even get the gun? Are you telling me when the wife was pregnant, you weren't out buying diapers, bottles, clothes and things like that before the baby arrived??? So what's the difference??? :shrug:

No no my friend, not wrong at all. Although it was funny showing my fiancé all the parts I have stocked up and the look on her face when I told her they were for guns I didn't have yet. Kind of a half confused/ half happy because we're getting more guns she gets to shoot

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
No no my friend, not wrong at all. Although it was funny showing my fiancé all the parts I have stocked up and the look on her face when I told her they were for guns I didn't have yet. Kind of a half confused/ half happy because we're getting more guns she gets to shoot

Good for her. You better keep her around. My ex didn't mind me getting toys for my guns, but she watched alot more than she shot. I was happy just having her intersted, wanting to watch and no bullshit when I wanted to spend some cash on the toys.

Now a days when dating, I tell women, I'm not a typical guy so if you're expecting dinner and movie, you can kiss that idea good bye. That's not happening. And usually on the first date, whatever we do, IF I like the girl, I test the waters right off the bat. So how would you feel about 2nd date being at the gun range? Believe it or not, about 2/3 are all for it, and at least half of those haven't even ever shot a gun before. Yep, I can say, I've popped a few girls cherries !!! And took them shooting for the first time in their life.

KKing

Full Access Member
Yep, I can say, I've popped a few girls cherries !!! And took them shooting for the first time in their life.

I lol'd. I'm extremely lucky. She had shot a rifle or two before, but never handguns. I got to teach her handgun safety and some basic shooting skills and it really brought us closer. Now we go shooting together every chance we get and she's gonna take her conceal carry class next month. Here's last weekend's adventure
9areqa9a.jpg

e5yzyry7.jpg

Ain't she tactical in her camo? Lol we never wear camo but it was left over from her holloween costume. She has to have an outfit for every occasion

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Ohhh and she shoots those BLACK guns aka Assault Weapons. She's a naughty girl !!! :naughty: You better get rid of her fast. She's no good and going straight to hell !!!!

Give her my phone # on her way out the door !!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

KKing

Full Access Member
Nah it doesn't matter, the best part is she actually does. You can't beat a woman that can cook, keeps you in line, seriously sexy, and you know you can trust her enough to handle a weapon in a time of need. That's my definition of marriage material

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts