Hey dear did you borrow my assault rifle

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Authorities say the wife of Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill left a rifle in the back of a rental SUV in South Florida earlier this month.

The Broward Sheriff's Office reported Wednesday that Lauren Tannehill rented a Nissan Rogue from EZ Rental Car at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport the afternoon of Jan. 4. She returned about two hours later to swap the Rogue for a different car, but authorities say she left behind an LMT AR-15, which was secured in a case.

That same night, the car was rented to another woman, who found the gun and contacted EZ Rental Car. Employees told her to turn it over to police, which she did.

No charges are expected to be filed.

A Dolphins spokesman says the Tannehills view this as a personal matter.

:buttkick:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Uh, why is she carrying it around secured or not....you know you put it in the car them forget it....good thing the next person renting car was not a theif otherwise there would be another stolen gun on the streets....

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Oh wow look. This place is so rough the rental car company provides an AR for your protection. They think of everything.

kwo51

Full Access Member
It is not illegal to have one in the car. She forgot it ,at least it was not a child. She had just been to the range where she did 3 gun competition. Hell we all make mistakes.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
I've forgotten things in rental cars before....you know the usuals; cocaine under the driver's seat, bundles of cash in the glovebox, hookers in the trunk....good thing I never use my real name:naughty:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I've forgotten things in rental cars before....you know the usuals; cocaine under the driver's seat, bundles of cash in the glovebox, hookers in the trunk....good thing I never use my real name:naughty:

Oh man does that bring back memories.......

cce1302

Full Access Member
Uh, why is she carrying it around secured or not....you know you put it in the car them forget it....good thing the next person renting car was not a theif otherwise there would be another stolen gun on the streets....

How else do you transport it?

And seriously, which of us hasn't left a rifle in the trunk for a few weeks after a range trip or something?

kwo51

Full Access Member
When I travel I have one in the car,some times for 2 or 3 weeks. Always lock my truck,gun and ammo always in it. The car has an alarm and locking compartment. No gun decals.

Members online

No members online now.