Hello... Hello... Hello...

TheOl55

Full Access Member
Kind of slow in most Forums..........

Currently Active Users: 164 (27 members and 137 guests)

Mockstar

Full Access Member
I'm here, but have nothing really to talk about. No new guns, no gun projects. It's just another rainy week of miserable work in Wi. I'm on call this week also, so that has me a little sidetracked also.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Pretty much the same here but I'm bored as hell lol. It's been fairly miserable down here working along the coast of Texas. Foggy most of the day and night so it's been muggier than normal with all the extra moisture in the air.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Catching up on my yard work..since it hasn't rained for three days now...must be a new record for Seattle.

seattleld.jpg

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
You guys probably don't understand how we deal with all the heat and humidity down here but all that rain has got to be depressing

STF

Full Access Member
I've been working on a patio kitchen so no money has been spent on gun parts lately.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
I have a few in the works but I had to put them on standby for a little while. Hopefully I can finish them soon

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
I have a 3 hour range safety class tonight. First step in getting certified to use the club's action range unsupervised. 3 hours of class, full day on the range (500 rounds), and shoot one match. It will be worth it to have access to the fun ranges.

ViperJeff

Administrator
Every time I talk guns I wanna go shoot.....

Can't do that until I can double my supply, I used all my practice stuff, the rest is reserved for bad guys.

Other than that, lot of other honey do outside work getting done, should keep me busy for awhile. My favorite threads are the build threads, it's amazing what has happened to my wish list since reading along

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I've just been busy as hell packing, and packing, and moving and packing. Then I get to start doing all the work to the house. Roofers will be here pounding nails in the morning. Step 1 in repairs. Thankfully covered by homeowners insurance. Then get it up for sale.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
The house and health finally got the best of me and I decided to throw in the towel to avoid foreclosure. Been struggling with back pain and nerve damage in arms and hands for years. Should have been on disability 16 years ago but refused cuz I was only 31. Been a struggle to keep 2 jobs, 1 for insurance benefits, and one to make money to get by. Dr's have said I'm finally showing some signs of gut problems from all the meds I've taken over the years to mask it all so I can function and pretty much told me, at the end of the line now. Have these 5 surgeries or they quit treatment since everything else has been tried. In short, I need 3 back surgeries at 3 levels in my back, lumbar, thorasic and cervical which is my neck, then 2 rods shoved up my ass to my brain stem and weld them to screws in my verterbrae. Then a damaged ulnar nerve in my left elbow and moderate to severe carpal tunnel in both hands. They won't do all the surgeries at once saying I"ll need my hands to support weight with grab bars to recover which makes sense, they won't do both hands at the same time since I need at least one to function. So with 5 surgeries, and 4-6 weeks between each one, that's a minumum of 24 weeks or 6 months off work, and that's best case scenario. My medical insurance benefits require I work so many hours a month and have to pay $120 a month for them, so not working, I'd lose the benefits. They suck anyway. I've hit max payout 3 years in a row, so by August or September of any year, all the bills are on me and they piled up. Gonna have to sell the house, and file bankruptcy. Hopefully have some equity left over to start over somewhere else, get on disability and apparently might just get to find out how good ObamaCare works. And I damn sure hate that. I've never had a damn food stamp or welfare in my life and I'll have to depend on either the starte or federal gubment for healthcare??? So yeah, for now, I just keep eating my candy to function, get thru this move and get the house ready to sell and hope all works out in the end. :waytogo:

Last edited:

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
I have degenerative arthritis in both legs now but nothing and I mean nothing what you are going through hotrod. I know it seems like everything is going against you (believe me I had some) but things do work out for the better. For you seek inspirations from different avenues, remain positive and with good family and friends to help..it will get better...:console:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Yeah, that's why I"m looking forward to selling the house. Been a semi state of depression anyway over the health issues and divorce since 2004, so me getting out of this house will probably help with that too.

Good Friends? Yep, Good Family? NOT !!! Long story, not even going there. Just believe me I say I"m truely ashamed and embarassed. I've been talking about moving to AZ for several years, and depending on how much equity I get out of the house, I damn sure might. Only bad thing about that, I've worked with all the Dr's and Surgeons for so many years, I hate to start over with a new set of Dr.s. I also happen to like most of my Dr's, especially the Neurosurgeom who has done my 2 surgeries and will do the rest of them too if I have my way. I just hate the idea of an Orthebedic surgeon with the saw, drills, screws and welder. Fugg that shit !!!

Members online

No members online now.