Hello - From Everywhere

Domin8

Hi. My name is Connor. I'm am alcoholic. I currently live in Highland Park, IL. For those that need help locating it, it's North of Chicago in Lake County. Fortunate for me, I am not an Illinois resident. I am a Utah resident. This is because my wife is active duty in the Navy. She's an RN and is stationed at the VA hospital next to Naval Station Great Lakes. I served in the Marines once. It was frighteningly fun. I would love to do it again, but the Marines said, "Have a nice life." after my back was broken.

The oddity of my thread title is meant to show that I have been, and continue to be, transient. The states I have been to greatly outnumber the states I haven't. I even spent a little time in Western Europe where I covered 3 countries and 1 city-state. None of this was while I was in the military. I have interesting stories that are often hard to believe, such as going to Europe and then coming home to the US and becoming homeless 2 months later.

Btw, I'm not an alcoholic. I don't even drink. However, I'm a firearms enthusiast. I currently have 4 firearms, and another 7 rifle stripped lowers on order. All 7 are planned to be different, and I will be building them myself. I believe there is no better way to know and learn about your firearm than to actually make it. The intimacy of doing so creates a lot of pride in ones' capabilities and achievements. I also plan on buying a Remington 700 in the not too distant future. I'm also looking into reloading because I've been told it will reduce my cost in ammunition.

I am not one of those that panicked when Obama started talking about firearms control. The only thing that it did was cause me to join the NRA and get politically involved where I currently live. I'm currently fighting a new AWB that went into affect this summer. It appears the effort was not in vain. There are some changes coming, so yay for that.

I look forward to learning more new things from the vast and diverse knowledge everybody brings to this forum. Please feel free to engage in a conversation with me at any time, even if you don't agree with me. You may bring something new to the conversation and possibly woo me over to your side. I'm a firm believer of a statement Mark Twain once said. "We should listen to our critics. They tell us things our friends will not."

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Glad you found us:gunner: cant wait to see your 7 ars you will be building, theres alot of knowledge here so feel free to ask.. Thank your wife for what she does, takes a special kind of women to do that kind of work :patriot:....
WELCOME

Concealed 27

cce1302

Full Access Member
Hey Connor, glad to have you here.

We seem to have a lot in common: 33 years old, USMC/USN, non-drinker, and no panic in 2013.

I'm not far from you, either. maybe 90 minutes away in South Bend. If you ever come to town, I'll buy you a cup of coffee and a stick of bubble gum.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Hey there domin8! You forgot, like me and HodRod ur into square bodys...

SWSS from somewhere....

Domin8

Thank you everybody for the warm welcome. It's nice to be on a forum where there a lot of nice people.

cce1302, that sounds like a great idea. I may take you up on it next time I roll through on my way to Norfolk, VA.

SWSS, are you talking about Tahoes and Yukons or Glocks? I'm asking because you found me on a Tahoe forum, and I've never heard of a Glock being called a square body but can see how it could be.

Btw, here's a pic of my handguns. Top to bottom are G21C, G30S, and G36. I just finished cleaning them before this pic.

9u7a3y3u.jpg

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
glock or block I don't like them to much.Only have 3. Tupperware for bike riding,1911 for church.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Thank you everybody for the warm welcome. It's nice to be on a forum where there a lot of nice people.

cce1302, that sounds like a great idea. I may take you up on it next time I roll through on my way to Norfolk, VA.

SWSS, are you talking about Tahoes and Yukons or Glocks? I'm asking because you found me on a Tahoe forum, and I've never heard of a Glock being called a square body but can see how it could be.

Btw, here's a pic of my handguns. Top to bottom are G21C, G30S, and G36. I just finished cleaning them before this pic.

9u7a3y3u.jpg

Yes....:D

SWSS from somewhere....

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I'm A Glock guy also, G19, G23 & G27 all 3rd generation.....pics in Glock section don't wanna repost...Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts