Headlight Bulb replacement for Performance

Bluez

Full Access Member
Finally received my Phillips X-treme visions headlight Bulbs.

They claim 100% more light than "normal" Halogen replacement Bulbs (Must get the X-treme Vision bulbs for this.. other versions the "Ultra" and blue eons do not give as much)
Prepping is sometimes not just about Beans Bullets Band-aids

But good vision at night.. especially when tired or in a high threat bug out but you are forced to drive at night anyway..)

Not everyone can afford (or wants) Xenon conversions.
next best thing the brightest replacement bulbs out there.

Sold in pairs.
www.tirerack.com/lighting/detail.jsp?ID=2622&brand=Philips
these are by far the best reviewed ones out there.
Sylvania makes a similar product but it has terrible reviews for longevity of its highest performance version and a guy I know from Industry says these Phillips really are the best and these only cost me like 2 dollars extra over the equivalent Silverstars.

No brainer.
So here is the pic.. Guess which side has the new Phillips X-Treme Vision bulb.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I need to do something with my work truck. Now that DST is in effect, I'm finding myself getting home after dark. Current bulbs aren't cutting it. I'm having to depend on "The Force" way too much to get home.

Last edited:

Bluez

Full Access Member
I definitely feel I improved my light output noticeably.
Of course the halogens in there were older to beging with too and as they age they lose some strength.

These Phillips are not carried in my local AutoZone, OReilleys and whatever that 3rd big chain is so I had to order them..
They DID carry the Sylvania upgraded bulbs... but people whose judgement I trust told me the Phillips really are the better product so I went out of my way and ordered them from tirerack online.

When you click "enlarge" the difference is even more obvious in the pic.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Just came back from a quick (22 miles) night time drive with these new upgraded Bulbs.
Definitely noticeable more light and can see things better now.
Makes nighttime driving more comfortable for me.
YMMV

Full Access Member
Just came back from a quick (22 miles) night time drive with these new upgraded Bulbs.
Definitely noticeable more light and can see things better now.
Makes nighttime driving more comfortable for me.
YMMV

Did oncoming traffic flash you at all, just curious if you had to adjust them at all?

Bluez

Full Access Member
Did oncoming traffic flash you at all, just curious if you had to adjust them at all?

No problems with either truck (I put them in both trucks this week an Xterra and a Pathfinder)

There are DOT approved replacement bulbs which throw the exact stock pattern form the exact stock housing.
This is still a lot less light than Xenons tho definitely an improvement over what I had.

My OEMs were old and had probably lost some brightness.. after 5 ish years halogens will do that.
These are a real premium product... made in germany. Lots of good reviews.

Another improvement I did to my other truck (Pathfinder) was new rear tires and an alignment and balance all tires..
Between the fresh high end bulbs and that the vehicles drives so much and perfect and with the fresh lighintg I feel like I am driving a vehicle straight of the showroom floor :)

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Bought a set for my work truck. Just haven't arrived yet. Looking forward to being able to see at night again.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Dont forget to adjust your headlights too. :)
Now that you have more power, your lights can reach further and may (whithin reason so they dont blind others) be adjusted up for more range)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts