GUARANTEED to stop violence & clean up, 'da 'HOOD!

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
Apple to swap out gun emoji for squirt gun

A lot of iMessages are going to look less threatening soon.
Apple announced Monday that it is replacing its controversial gun emoji with an orange-and-green squirt gun. :lewx4:

The swap will be made when iOS 10 is released.

The announcement didn't come with an explanation. (I believe the explanation IS: Apple cowers before candyasses :wtg:)

The new emoji is listed among several other emoticons that
will also be released with iOS 10, including a rainbow flag and female athletes and professionals. :lewx4::lewx4:

But the move comes almost exactly a year after anti-gun group New Yorkers Against Gun Violence started the #DisarmTheiPhone campaign in an effort to convince Apple to remove the gun emoji.

The group wrote an open letter to Apple saying: "We ask that you stand with the American COMMUNIST people CANDYASSES and remove the gun emoji from all your products as a symbolic gesture :lewx4::lewx4::lewx4: to limit gun accessibility. :wtg::wtg:

We understand taking the emoji out will not end gun violence (NO YOU DON'T. YOU RIDE UNICORNS, FART RAINBOWS, & THINK SYMBOLISM IS MIGHTIER THAN SUBSTANCE. YOU VOTED FOR OBAMA TWICE, THE NATION GOT WORSE, AND YOU THINK HITLERY WILL DO EVEN BETTER, BECAUSE SHE HAS A DOUBLE-X CHROMOSONE :rolleyes:), but this act will show Congress that gun-owning and non-owning Americans have come together to demand required background checks for all gun sales." (YOU MEAN, THE BACKGROUND CHECKS THAT HAVE BEEN IN PLACE SINCE 1994? :emotions34:)

Members at a Unicode meeting in June also voted to remove the rifle emoji, Buzzfeed reported.

Not long after the emoji announcement, the group's executive director told CNN: "Apple has stood up to the bullying tactics of the NRA and gun industry by showing that there are many more life-affirming ways to express oneself than with a gun." :lewx4::lewx4::lewx4:

The gun emoji and other weapon emoticons have landed several people in hot water. A middle-schooler was charged with threatening her school by posting an Instagram message with gun, knife and bomb emojis. A teen was arrested for posting a police emoji with pistol emoticons pointing at its head. The updated iOS featuring the squirt gun emoji is expected to make its debut this fall.

Apple will swap out the pistol emoji for a squirt gun https://t.co/W9Mpi7RutN pic.twitter.com/ho6dLb51Zg
— BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed) August 2, 2016

© 2016 Cox Media Group.
So weapons-grade STUPIDITY, is safer than an electronic blip?! :goofy_batman:

EAT ME, Crapple. :biggun::flipthebird:

Arckadian

Its not really that different from what happened to the deaf child that was in hot water because to say his name, which was Hunter, he had to point his finger like a gun. The candy asses there demanded that the child have his name changed. Morons all around.

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
I'm in the wrong business. I need to become a distributor of this "Vitamin STOOPID," that EVERYONE'S addicted to these days! :rondod:

Members online

No members online now.