Gear to help you survive the first 24 hours after disaster strikes

priell3

Full Access Member
If disaster struck, how would you survive the first 24 hours?

A new, lightweight, rugged kit contains key tools that would certainly give you an advantage.

Taurus has created a solution to improve your chances in pretty much any crisis you could encounter; from a natural disaster to a zombie apocalypse. The First 24 Kit contains smart components to help people survive the first 24 hours of any crisis and make their way to safety.

The kit includes: a revolver, a knife, a flashlight, emergency signals, fire starter kit, a compass, some 550 Para cord, as well as a battery caddy and batteries – all contained in a robust, practical case.

Gear to help you survive the first 24 hours after disaster strikes | Fox News

doublestack

Guess it would depend on the disaster and what time of year. Most likely hunker down and leave the back door unlocked and wait for the first victim......meat is meat i guess at this point. I only worry about stepping outside to light the BBQ.......
In all honesty, unless you are close to your emergency compound or plot of land you decide is yours, you will probably end up in someones rifle sights.
I would prolly just defend my house and maybe sneak out at night and pillage.
Lots of crows in the suburbs of Seattle....prolly enuff to get by for weeks:)

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
That's a good start. You can at least use this as an example for your own bug out/get home bag. I'd also include some type of shelter (at least a poncho) to keep the rain off of you. And some type of water filtration system (a life straw). Water is too heavy to carry. You can also use the poncho to catch water for drinking. Gloves to protect and keep your hands warm. And a multi purpose hat. Keep the sun and rain off your head and the heat in if need be.

Arckadian

You forgot the most important pieces to that kit . . . a Protective mask and a radiation suit. Hazmat would also be acceptable depending on your location (not near any major installations or target centers)

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
You forgot the most important pieces to that kit . . . a Protective mask and a radiation suit. Hazmat would also be acceptable depending on your location (not near any major installations or target centers)

Iodine tablets. Helps keep the body from absorbing radiation. If you're in fear of that type of incident then a geiger counter would also be advisable.

kwo51

Full Access Member
I know people with rooms full of survival gear. Me just a 6 pack of dark beer and some microwavable popcorn. My biggest fear is obama!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts