gander mountain surcharge

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Just wondered if anyone knows what the nine dollar surcharge is about if you buy ammo at gander mountain..seems a little bit high to me. If you know why and how they can d this lease let me know....Thanks,
Concealed 27

cce1302

Full Access Member
Never heard of it. Online or in stores?

They can do it because people will pay it.

They can't do it to me.

TScottW99

Full Access Member
Wonder if they are using it as a Hazmat surcharge? I bought some turkey ammo from them last year and was only charged $5 for shipping & handling.

Of course I find Gander way overpriced locally. They charge full MSRP at the local store for all ammo.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Their excuse is that it is for "special handing" which equates to Hazmat. And yes, it is a bit higher than most, but then again it is Gander Mt.
It is similar to buying something advertised as $19.95 +$15 shipping and handling. To many business models this is just a way to seem like they are keeping prices low and making it appear to the customer that the extra fees are out of their control, while at the same time pocketing the money.

Extra costs for shipping, handling, online fees, etc. are a big reason I choose to shop locally whenever I can. It helps support my neighbors gunshops and is seldom more expensive once you add up all the cursory costs involved in mail-order

Members online

No members online now.