finally some help

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Was able to get an insulin pump to help with my problems I have with my diabetes,I have a secondary insurance along with Medicare who paid for it in full. Not bragging just happy I did not have to pay any copay toward the cost of $4500. I hope to get a lower a1c level which is around 10.00 when it should be around around 6.6 to 6.0....it's a measurement of your blood sugar levels over a 3 month period. Anyways I'm hoping it goes well but I will not be able to do much until I'm fully trained on it.I can't believe how smart it is I go Monday to get my first week started and my family is gonna help me get adjusted. Just thought I'd share with my friends on here.... speaking of friends anyone heard from ranger danger??? Thanks for support guys, my brothers in arms
Concealed 27

Attachments

• 0416150055.jpg
    0416150055.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 4

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Good to hear things are looking up for you..my wife also has diabetes but watches her sugar and diet and has it under control for the time being.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
That is good news. And even better since insurance is footing the bill. I really hope it helps get things under control. Having health problems sucks. I've had asthma most of my life. They said I'd outgrow it but it hasn't happened yet and I grew as much as I could up till I was 21. But it's well under control with minimal meds now. Thank God for the scientist that continue to advance medical technology.

ViperJeff

Administrator
Hey Jeff, keep those numbers in check, it's a life change.

I had an A1C of 15.2. I f can manage, I know you can too. My last A1C was 6.9. Not sure the next one will be as good, but we'll see
Jeff

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Hey Jeff, keep those numbers in check, it's a life change.

I had an A1C of 15.2. I f can manage, I know you can too. My last A1C was 6.9. Not sure the next one will be as good, but we'll see
Jeff

That's a good number I have been having better blood sugars with pump so at end of next month we will find out if it goes down. Just reajusting from sliding scale to carb counting. That's the key for me if I do 1 unit of insulin for every 12 units of carbs I'm good but my pump figures the dose which I'm able to adjust if needed........
Jeffrey

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
That is good news. And even better since insurance is footing the bill. I really hope it helps get things under control. Having health problems sucks. I've had asthma most of my life. They said I'd outgrow it but it hasn't happened yet and I grew as much as I could up till I was 21. But it's well under control with minimal meds now. Thank God for the scientist that continue to advance medical technology.

Thanks my friend...
Jeffrey

ViperJeff

Administrator
That's a good number I have been having better blood sugars with pump so at end of next month we will find out if it goes down. Just reajusting from sliding scale to carb counting. That's the key for me if I do 1 unit of insulin for every 12 units of carbs I'm good but my pump figures the dose which I'm able to adjust if needed........
Jeffrey

Jeff,

part of my journey has been learning what I can eat and what I can't eat. It might surprise some, that something as simple as an apple kills my numbers and a Baby Ruth candy bar does not. It's just not counting carbs, fats and surgars.

I know this would not work for everyone, but know what different foods do to my sugars, lets me know I always have options and I don't have to feel as if I'm locked into some stupid ass diet that some mental retard wrote that has never experienced living with what their writing about
Jeff

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
As we get older our bodies change (big time for me). I use to eat wheat which contains gluten. It's part of the grain. As an experiment, I went on a wheat free diet to see if I would feel better. Just generally feeling down and experiencing body aches etc. Low and behold, I could get out of bed in the morning without pain. Great benefit.

But I really didn't know how much gluten affected me. If I happen to get some gluten in my diet now...... holy cow it tears me up. It's like I'm passing razor blades. I think I cold be borderline Celiac.
Fortunately my wife is affected by gluten too but not nearly as drastically as I am. So she is on the same diet I am. This way I don't have to sit across the table from her and watch her eat donuts. We both don't eat any wheat (flour) products.

That's just one of things that have changed in my life. But it's manageable.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.