Doomsday bunkers on the rise

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
All I know is.......I want one. But to keep from raising suspicions I'm calling mine a storm shelter.
Actually, I wouldn't mind burying one of these in the back yard and creating a hidden access to it.
container.jpg

Last edited:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
There are alot of people that are sharing cost and prepping with family or friends and neighbors. If I had a chance to get one I would probably do it, I'm renting right now but when I buy a home it might be buried in my backyard....

SWSS

Full Access Member
All I know is.......I want one. But to keep from raising suspicions I'm calling mine a storm shelter.
Actually, I wouldn't mind burying one of these in the back yard and creating a hidden access to it.
container.jpg

I have a few ideas for this in my "storm" shelter build...waiting on the land.

SWSS from somewhere....

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I've see some of those shows where people move into an old missile silo. I would want one but don't want to have to move to N. Dakota or Oklahoma.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I've see some of those shows where people move into an old missile silo. I would want one but don't want to have to move to N. Dakota or Oklahoma.

I saw that show too on history or discovery channel.....very interesting. If i had my choice of a bug out place to live it would be Montana , I would build a compoundby hand, I want to be self sufficient but I am unable to currently do to my health conditions. But I'm still young so hopefully if we are not at war with the government I can do what I want to.......
Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Have you seen the show Doomsday castle on tv? An ex military guy and his whole family built a block castle, And they train to protect it. He has twin daughters that are very nice looking, The blond is ready for combat for sure.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Have you seen the show Doomsday castle on tv? An ex military guy and his whole family built a block castle, And they train to protect it. He has twin daughters that are very nice looking, The blond is ready for combat for sure.

Yeah I saw it also. Looked like his family weren't too over joyed working on his "castle". Lob some tear gas in there and they be running like rabbits.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Maybe he is expecting Vikings.The unfortunate truth I think is a flu bug that could kill millions in a pandemic will be the next major crises. Seems like all the crap comes home with the nurses.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Yeah a little over the wall in my eyes but I would not want anyone to know where my bunker/castle is and also let everyone know my plans.... good show just nothing I would share with all..jmho
Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
IMO anyone who goes on these tell all shows is not a true prepper. You keep that crap to yourself or you could become a target.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
container.jpg

I'd love to have a couple of these. You can buy them used here. $5k for 40 footers, and $4K for 20 footers. Now that was about 8-9 years ago, so maybe even more now.

Have you seen the new FEMA housing? Instead of those junky ass trailers, they're making mobile homes out of these 40 footers and they actually look pretty damn good and sturdy too. I'd live in one no problem. Certianly good for a family of 4.

It's called a Redneck Tornado Shelter, but I've also seen a pic where someone took a 66 passenger school bus coach and buried it. Made a stairway at the back emergency door of the coach. You can buy a school bus at auction for $600-$800 theses days. I bought one several years ago with a GM Chassis, 366 Big Block and Allison Automatic for $700. Sold it on ebay a week later for $1250. It ran and drove too.

I had some photo editing fun with it and gave it a name.
attachment.php

Attachments

• busgitrdone4.jpg
    busgitrdone4.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 10

Members online

No members online now.