Do I tell her?

MacGuyInNC

A co-worker of mine went to the gun shop to buy some ammo earlier today. Her boyfriend is going to the range this weekend, and he needed some AK ammo. She bought the last boxes of 7.62x39mm the store had, and she was so proud of herself for having found AK ammo during these scarce times.

There's just one problem. They were Tul-Ammo.

So now the conundrum. Do I tell her how crappy that ammo is, or do I let her boyfriend tell her?

TheOl55

Full Access Member
Nobody tells her. Her boyfriend should accept the fact that she went out of her way to do something nice for him. After he shoots it then he can bring it up that he REALLY appreciated what she did for him. Then he can blame the ammo for his screwed up groupings because it was not the best stuff around.

MacGuyInNC

Nobody tells her. Her boyfriend should accept the fact that she went out of her way to do something nice for him. After he shoots it then he can bring it up that he REALLY appreciated what she did for him. Then he can blame the ammo for his screwed up groupings because it was not the best stuff around.

Yeah, I plan on keeping my mouth shut. If she wants to know, she can ask me, and I'll tell her. Otherwise, I'll leave it up to him to decide whether she learns how bad that ammo really is.

I've shot it once. :puke:

oppo

Full Access Member

This ^^^^^

Besides, it is better than nothing and it seems nothing was the alternative.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Not sure about anyone else, but I'll have to say, to my surprise, my daughter did the same for me. And the Tul-Ammo shot pretty damn good IMO. Besides, it good to know if the cheap shit will run through his AK. In the event that's all he can get, he'd need to know. And it's cheap considering the prices now days. You get what you pay for. It is dirty ammo, but AK's don't mind it, and it's not corrosive so I say rock with it when you got it.

Also, I don't mind the Tul-Ammo anyway in the AK-47 since my son usually uses it to spray bullets. He don't do that so much anymore. Used to, we'd load the 40rd mags up with Two 20ct boxes and blast it away when it was .10 per rd. I told him it was bad enough at $4 per mag everytime he did that, but now it's .30 cents a round + tax that's $12 gone in a matter of 15 seconds. So we hold onto whatever we get now for the AK's for a need that might arise when we need to spray bullets and target shoot the handguns and practice our double taps and dropping & reloading mags to be better tactically trained with the hand guns.

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator

For Sure !!! x3.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
It may be a little dirty but it's gone boom every time I pull the trigger. If it's all I can get then it's my favorite ammo.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I have never shot the tul ammo in my rifle, but I do now its dirty...I used to feed it thru my G27 and what a bitch to clean the barrel. Other than that I think its fine, I have not shot the tul ammo for a few years....
But I know its dirty stuff other than that .... went boom when i pulled trigger..lol

MacGuyInNC

I've shot Tul-Ammo in my Sig P226 9mm before. Had a few casings crack and fail to extract, and it's dirty.

Basically, I wouldn't trust it for anything other than range, and barely at that. It's crap ammo.

armoredman

Full Access Member
He says "Thank you, honey!" Then he does NOT blame any bad groupings on the ammo, but says he is having an "off day", so as to not hurt her feelings. Any spouse/significant other who went that far out of her way to do that should get a lot of lee way, especially if they aren't shooters. Time for a nice dinner somewhere.
I also ditto the feelings about Tula in AKM style rifles - it was what they were made for, let it rock.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
I haven't used much Tulammo, but the stuff I have fired seemed to work fine. A bit less consistent than the Silver Bear I usually feed the DR200 and yes it's dirty, but it runs OK

Assault

X2!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts