Can you believe this? I found a Sig 556R !!!

mgentry

Full Access Member
As crazy as this day has been for the gun community - I found a brand new Sig 556R at our local Academy Sports and then I came home and found some Circle 10 mags for my it at K-Var (they have them in stock). I have been on the internet all day with no luck trying to find a Sig 556R and then ... a friend calls me and says, "they have a 556R at Academy." He stood beside it until I got there and the rest is history! :happy107:

Last edited by a moderator:

DrkSide

Full Access Member
Awesome. Last time I was at Academy they had quite the selection. I am not sure what the rush has done to the local one though.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Did a quick Google search and it seams that the SIG556 is very finiky about it's magazines. Looks like you have some homework to do.

Bootstrap

Full Access Member
5.56, just didn't like the way it felt at all. Also had a feeling issue

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Nice find. Try some magpul pmags. The 30 rounders worked great on mine when I had it. I tried a 42 rounder and it didn't always wanna stay locked in. I sold mine to help fund my AR build but overall I regret not keeping it. The only issues I had with mine was the rear diopter sight didn't wanna stay tight (should've put a dab of loctite on it) and the trigger left a little to be desired. I also had to put the thicker pad on the buttstock to make it comfortable but I'm 6'3". If you do some research you can find a better trigger for it. Post some pics of this thing and make me miss mine more lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts