BATFE to ban AR-15 ammo..wtf?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150213/batfe-to-ban-common-ar-15-ammo

Can't wait until King Obama is out of office and then start repealing all of his anti-gun laws, which is simply a violation of our rights as U.S. citizens.

What makes you think "What difference does it make" will let congress repeal anything. She's just a carbon copy of what we currently have (if not worse). And if the conservatives don't come up with somebody decent that's just what we'll end up with. My stomach is in a knot as I'm writing this.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Out of principle I of course oppose it.

The M855 is not a real good piece of ammo though.

Limited effect on soft tissue, very mediocre accuracy.

Only the penetration is better but it doesn't make enough of a difference when even the 55gr penetrates drywall, car doors and most body armor.

But if this goes thru, then the M318 SOST ammo is sure to be next.
Its more accurate than M855, better effects on target and its more accurate while penetrating more.

kwo51

Full Access Member
One liberty at a time. Government employees will be exempt from the laws. This is getting out of control.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
That didn't take very long. CTD at it again.

CTD223.png

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
If you have the time to read this forum and bitch about it, you have time to take action.

How to comment – from the BATFE ATF will carefully consider all comments, as appropriate, received on or before March 16, 2015, and will give comments received after that date the same consideration if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given except as to comments received on or before March 16, 2015. ATF will not acknowledge receipt of comments. Submit comments in any of three ways (but do not submit the same comments multiple times or by more than one method):
ATF email: [email protected]
Fax: (202) 648-9741.
Mail: Denise Brown, Mailstop 6N-602, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Enforcement Programs and Services, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, 99 New York Avenue, NE, Washington, DC 20226: ATTN: AP Ammo Comments.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Denise Brown, Enforcement Programs and Services, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice, 99 New York Avenue, NE, Washington, DC 20226; telephone: (202) 648-7070.

ALSO Contact you congressional representatives and encourage them to take action and put pressure on the BATFE to stop abusing power and over-reaching the intent of the laws that congress has passed.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Contact the BATFE directly first.

If your representative(s) is not exactly "gun-friendly" make it an issue of unelected bureaucrats overstepping the intent of the lawmakers. The writers and sponsors of the original law specifically stated that they did not want to ban common rifle ammunition, even if there is the possibility of it being fired from a pistol. So in effect, the BATFE is making laws instead of congress

This video does a better job explaining than I can.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PaIIChRMBw

Arckadian

I read about this bullshit move when it was first released to the press. This has got to stop the insanity of the so called "CIC" has shown itself and its time to throw him under the padded rubber room.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
I say put the weight of the NRA up their stupid asses..I mean why should a handful of idiots decide what is best for this country. Seems like everyday the news is getting worse and worse about our gun rights.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Those wiped out all the people a t waco and got away with it .And killed Randy weavers family.JMO

Members online

No members online now.