Barrett M82A1 416

Duncnstac

I've had my eye on the M82 & being a list guys have had one on the list since i started collecting. Well i'm down to the final 3 & i'm really going back and forth on this one.

1. The only 1000 yard range is 1hr away

2. 10K would buy alot of guns

3. $6 a round is something i'm not really excited about letting other folks have a go with.

4. 57" long and both safes are 57 1/2" inside. Or do you break down every time?

List = i'm 37 and will own 37 guns so going forward 1 every year

oppo

Full Access Member
It is a LOT of money.
There are cheaper options that will be more accurate at 1000 yards.
It is not practical.

But...

An hour isn't that far.
It certainly has the wow factor.
If you want it and can afford it, why the heck not?

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
It would be fun for awhile but I wouldn't want to feed it long term. I am starting to look at some .338 Lapua options for reaching out long distance.

Duncnstac

There's nowhere close to where i live where i'd ever really stretch the gun out. Maybe the 338 would be better option? The MRad pretty cool and the 338 lapua is a great round. 1/2 the price of M82

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
There's nowhere close to where i live where i'd ever really stretch the gun out. Maybe the 338 would be better option? The MRad pretty cool and the 338 lapua is a great round. 1/2 the price of M82

My local range is only good to 600 yards. As much as I would enjoy learning to shooting at 1000+ it's just not realistic. The .338 is very accurate beyond 1000 yards. I just can't justify the cost of the rifle & ammo to go bigger. I have fired many .50BMG rounds through an M107 and enjoyed the long range capability. If I had a range where I could stretch the legs of a .416 or .50 I would own one. I don't so a .338 makes the most sense to me.

Buy a .338 with top shelf glass will be far cheaper to own and feed. Once your skill level exceeds the .338 take another look and buying bigger.

Duncnstac

I went with the Barrett MRAD today. Got a Barrett but in round more usefull for my purposes. 100 to 1500 yards all day. Also got Scar 17 & Beretta 92 to save on dros! HA HA HA Merry Christmas to me

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts