AR-15 Specs

Arckadian

Weight = 2.27 kg–3.9 kg (5.5–8.5 lb)

Barrel length = 24 in (610mm), 20 in (508 mm) standard, 18 in (457 mm), 16 in (406 mm), 14.5 in (368 mm), 11.5 in (292 mm), 7 in (178 mm), 6.5 in (165mm)

Cartridge = .223 Remington, 5.56 NATO

Action = Direct impingement / Rotating bolt

Rate of fire = 800 rounds/min (fully automatic versions only)

Muzzle velocity = 975 m/s (3,200 ft/s)

Effective range = 400–600 m (avg 547 yd)

Feed system = Various STANAG magazines.

Sights = Adjustable front and rear iron sights

I soooooooooo want one

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
Weight = 2.27 kg–3.9 kg (5.5–8.5 lb)

Barrel length = 24 in (610mm), 20 in (508 mm) standard, 18 in (457 mm), 16 in (406 mm), 14.5 in (368 mm), 11.5 in (292 mm), 7 in (178 mm), 6.5 in (165mm)

Cartridge = .223 Remington, 5.56 NATO

Action = Direct impingement / Rotating bolt

Rate of fire = 800 rounds/min (fully automatic versions only)

Muzzle velocity = 975 m/s (3,200 ft/s)

Effective range = 400–600 m (avg 547 yd)

Feed system = Various STANAG magazines.

Sights = Adjustable front and rear iron sights

I soooooooooo want one

I could sell you mine but it's not for sale ...:D Seriously check out the bushmaster at walmart...

Last edited:

IronworksTactical

Shoot me an email ([email protected])and we can get you set up exactly how you want instead of off the shelf what you kind of want and then need to change later. Or if you are on a limited budget we can get you into something like a stag or noveske upper (depending on budget of course) and get you a lower kit to assemble.

Check out the black rifle thread, let's see them for a few pics of what we've got going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slowpoke

Hmmmmm There is a lot of crap out there be careful. Right now the platform is hot so make the sure and get one that will retain value. Also---don't fall for the built to "mil-spec" crap.

IronworksTactical

There are alot of bad barrels out there. I'd say stick with the big companies and the companies who do alot of volume with a loyal following. As for mil spec it has its place. Dimensionally you want mil spec as its compatible. Grade or parts you want better as there are so many better parts out there. Look at companies return policies and warranties etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slowpoke

Do the research---enlighten yourself. Unfortunately suckers fall for the “built to mil-spec” everyday. To build this way for a commercial weapon is stupid----there are very stringent process controls put on parts such as heat treat certifications , mill certifications, forging house certifications, plating certifications etc that are inspected to and required to be mil-spec.

Bottom line boys and girls is that if it is not against a Prime Contract then all bets are off because the certifications and inspections by required by GSI are not going to happen period end of discussion.

This does not mean however, that a forging comes out of the next batch is inferior. It very well may just as good or better or-----parts that do not meet the mil-spec are put to the side to be used in the commercial product which requires no such certification for porosity testing for example. The anodize process required for military products is very robust and commercial processing houses do not want to spend the money to have a mil-spec process when it is not required. It is expensive to build to a mil-spec Even If It Is Not. Some people feel it is important others don’t but many have no fricking idea what is even going on like what is and is not required in the RULES and REGULATIONS, DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, Defense Acquisition Regulations System, 48 CFR Parts 202, 212, 225, and 252, RIN 0750-AF95 Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement; Restriction on Acquisition of Specialty Metals (DFARS Case 2008-D003).

There is a lot more to all of this than the average man on the street needs to know however, DO NOT THINK you are getting something built to the exact same criteria as the USG---cannot happen. Why you ask ---- GSI is only delegated to work being performed against a Prime Contract.

TheFuzz

Full Access Member
I run a CMMG 16" upper on a Smith M&P lower with a G&R parts kit. Hell of an accurate shooter. Magpul furniture and a light are all that's on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts