Anyone live near Waco, TX?

oppo

Full Access Member
Saw this on the news last night. A house 3 miles away was reportedly blown off it's foundation and had every window blown out. To put it into perspective, OKC was a fertilizer bomb and this was an entire plant.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Father of the year goes to...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROrpKx3aIjA&feature=youtube_gdata_player]CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Fertilizer Plant Explosion Near Waco, Texas - YouTube[/ame]

STF

Full Access Member
I'm in Hewitt, just south of Waco. My wife said she felt the blast but I'm skeptical. I do know that the Hewitt FD is there helping out as well as many others in the area.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
In one of the articles I read tbey were claiming the blast was felt 100 miles away and registered a 2.1 on the richter scale. I feel bad for the families that lost loved ones and everything they own

STF

Full Access Member
There's a kick ass song about that Texas city explosion [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB4JQk5Y-As]Uncle Lucius "Keep The Wolves Away" - YouTube[/ame]

STF

Full Access Member
I just heard from a friend that all 18 first responders perished. I'm not sure how accurate this info is.

GOD SPEED gentlemen

Trixxterr

I just heard from a friend that all 18 first responders perished. I'm not sure how accurate this info is.

GOD SPEED gentlemen

Well, that's inaccurate. Since one of the first responders was doin interviews w the news crews. And several of the missing firefighters and the missing Leo, have been located and are safe. Confirmed dead @ 5pm was 3people. According to CNN. And local dept capt.

STF

Full Access Member
Well, that's inaccurate. Since one of the first responders was doin interviews w the news crews. And several of the missing firefighters and the missing Leo, have been located and are safe. Confirmed dead @ 5pm was 3people. According to CNN. And local dept capt.

Yeah its hard to tell what's accurate and what's not. Either way a lot of people are in a bad way from this thing.

ninja man

Full Access Member
its a sad tragedy. my wish is that people do not take any kind of political stance on this, and join together to help those in need.

Trixxterr

12 bodies recovered in Texas blast site - CNN.com

YEAH, Hard to tell. CNN likes to make up there own facts. just like in the Newtown shooting...

Even the Local news ISNT reporting any HARD numbers, quoting the agencies on scene that " because of the power of the blast, there may not be anything left to find".. And many of the structures are just too damaged to enter..

VERY SAD,, LOST many brave souls.. FIRE,EMT,POLICE...

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
12 bodies recovered in Texas blast site - CNN.com

YEAH, Hard to tell. CNN likes to make up there own facts. just like in the Newtown shooting...

Even the Local news ISNT reporting any HARD numbers, quoting the agencies on scene that " because of the power of the blast, there may not be anything left to find".. And many of the structures are just too damaged to enter..

VERY SAD,, LOST many brave souls.. FIRE,EMT,POLICE...

Yeah, sadly there will be at least a few that are never recovered. Makes it very tough to get any kind of closure for family when there's nothing left to bury.

Members online

No members online now.