any thoughts on a 80%ER?

SWSS

Full Access Member
My thoughts, cash 80% lower, my own finish. cash or paypal parts...my own gun.
Leagel? yes in TN \. it is recommended to have a serial# due to possible theft but after at least a year, well, you all have heard about personal buying and selling in TN...

What is the thoughts of the edumacated and would you or wouldn't you?

:patriot::popcorn:

Last edited:

cce1302

Full Access Member
It's too late. The NSA already knows.

The only reason it would be useful is if you don't want the gov't to know you have a gun. If you have ever bought a gun from an FFL, ever been licensed to carry, ever visited a firearm-related website, ever subscribed to a gun rag, ever been a member of a gun rights organization, ever done anything having to do with firearms, it's pointless to pay extra to do the work yourself.

Last edited:

SWSS

Full Access Member
It's too late. The NSA already knows.

The only reason it would be useful is if you don't want the gov't to know you have a gun. If you have ever bought a gun from an FFL, ever been licensed to carry, ever visited a firearm-related website, ever subscribed to a gun rag, ever been a member of a gun rights organization, ever done anything having to do with firearms, it's pointless to pay extra to do the work yourself.

Because of my work and "company affiliations", I have been on the list for over 18+ years now...and most people have noooo idea how extensive the gubment :rape: really is, I do "work" for them.
Actually, your thought about no paper trail and no serial #'s, is THE reason to own one IMO.

So, you would or wouldn't do one?

cce1302

Full Access Member
Actually, your thought about no paper trail and no serial #'s, is THE reason to own one IMO.

So, you would or wouldn't do one?

Yes, that's my point. 99.99999% of us already have a paper trail. If "They" come and think that you ever thought about buying a gun, they're not going to be turned away from your door with "no, I don't have any guns." The precedent is there with the "war on drugs." They don't care if you don't have any pot plants. You once used a credit card in your name on a grow light for your tomatoes, so they break down your door, shoot your dog, and tear your house apart.

So, no, I wouldn't bother buying an 80% lower. Having one or 30 "unregistered" guns when my name is already associated in the bound books of a handful of FFLs, 20 mail order catalogs, gun magazines, 2nd amendment organizations, the local newspaper and TV stations on several occasions, will be of no advantage to me.

Members online

No members online now.