Anti-Gun Nuts Want Obama To Declare A Gun Violence State Of Emergency

priell3

Full Access Member
The National Gun Victims Action Council has filed a change.org petition to force president Obama to declare a state of emergency over gun violence. The anti-gun nuts essentially want Obama to put America under martial law so he can then strip us of our 2nd Amendment rights. Yes, this thing is as crazy as it sounds:

Americans are in the midst of a gun violence epidemic. The National Emergencies Act gives the president the power and responsibility to declare a state of emergency when the government lacks the procedures and capacity to address an unchecked natural or man-made public health epidemic.

How much more must Americans endure? Domestic military installations have been attacked; media members have been murdered on camera. Shootings have recently occurred at church prayer meetings, in movie theaters, restaurants, department stores, offices, factories, schools, colleges, national parks and while driving along major US highways.

We ask that you declare a state of emergency to protect us from the gun violence epidemic now. The public space has become Russian roulette–every place is a potential risk. When the H191 flu hospitalized 20,000 people and killed 1,000, you used your power and declared a state of emergency.

Actually, violent crime has been on a steady decline since the early 1990’s and that includes crimes committed with firearms. The truth is, the US is safer now than it has been in decades. The media hyping “gun violence” isn’t the same thing as an epidemic.

With a generally premise that is flawed, the NGVAC supports its bullshit with more bullshit:

We ask that you declare a state of emergency to protect us from the gun violence epidemic now. The public space has become Russian roulette–every place is a potential risk. When the H191 flu hospitalized 20,000 people and killed 1,000, you used your power and declared a state of emergency.

Yearly, The Gun Violence Epidemic Causes:
10,000 homicides, 70,000 wounded, 18,000 suicides, 
2,000 accidental deaths

There is more like 8,000 gun-related homicides every year.

Costs of the Gun Violence Epidemic:
Annual: $229 Billion, Each Homicide = $441,000, 
Hospitalization = $583,000

If the gun violence epidemic is fictional (and it is), then so are these numbers.

Guns sold at gun shows, over the internet or through private sales do not require a background check. These represent 40% of the guns sold, and we do not know if these people should be prohibited purchasers

You buy a gun over the Internet or at a gun show from a licensed dealer; you go through a background check. The 40% number has been debunked so many times and yet the liberals still insist it’s true.

Countries with strong gun laws and our national statistics show “law- abiding” citizens cause most gun violence. Only 7% to 8% of US gun homicides are gang based — most mass shooters are legal gun owners.

WTF? Law-abiding citizens cause the most gun violence? And by these kooks estimates it is around 92% of all gun violence? The liars at NGVAC provide a link to the FBI’s 2103 murder circumstances statistics, which doesn’t come close to proving that most gun violence is committed by law-abiding citizens mostly because it is not true.

Rather than attracting gun crime “gun-free zones” repel it. That is why courts and the headquarters of all major U.S. corporations (including the NRA) ban guns.

The NRA doesn’t ban guns anywhere, but besides that lie, show me one single case of a mass murderer passing up a “gun-free zone” because there was a sign out front.

Now that they’ve proven themselves to be completely full of shit, here’s what they want Obama to do:

Remedy: Declare a National State of Emergency and, among other things, consider:

1. The requirements and standards for people to be carrying guns outside their homes.

2. That parents who own guns be held accountable as accomplices for gun violence their children cause with the parent’s guns.

3. That gun trafficking be made a felony to reduce the gun violence epidemic in the inner cities.

4. Appointing a commission to address this epidemic, such commission to exclude members of the gun lobbies, who profit from the epidemic they’ve caused and do everything they can to keep it going.

That’s not much of a list of demands considering most of that stuff is already a reality. There are standards for people who carry a firearm outside their homes. Parents are held responsible when their children do something stupid with a gun they own. Gun trafficking is a crime, it’s just rarely prosecuted.

And if you think about it, there already is a commission to oppose the NRA and the Constitutional right of gun ownership. We call that commission the Democratic Party.

Clearly the National Gun Victims Action Council should change their name to the National Poor Education Victims Council because they are ignorant and poorly informed. Why would someone be so outraged over something that they don’t have a clue about? There isn’t one part of this petition that isn’t wrong. Brush up on the issue and then get back to us.

Anti-Gun Nuts Want Obama To Declare A Gun Violence State Of Emergency – Downtrend

kwo51

Full Access Member
California is as anti gun as you can get. Our prayers need to be with LEO's responding and the family's evolved. This will push opstupid into action. JMO

kwo51

Full Access Member
When former U.S. Military Commander in Afghanistan, Stanley McChrystal, was called into the Oval Office by Barack Obama, he knew things weren’t going to go well when the President accused him of not supporting him in his political role as President.

“‘It’s not my job to support you as a politician, Mr. President, it’s my job to support you as Commander-in-Chief,’ McChrystal replied, and he handed Obama his resignation.

“Not satisfied with accepting McChrystal’s resignation the President made a cheap parting shot. ‘I bet when I die you’ll be happy to pee on my grave.’

“The General saluted, and said: ‘Mr. President, I always told myself after leaving the Army I’d never stand in line again.’

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
LOTTA speculation on Calguns.net, that this is a Mexican Cartel Hit (has all the hallmarks), which means it's ERIC HOLDER'S fast & furious guns at work here!
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif

Holder-trap.jpg

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
When former U.S. Military Commander in Afghanistan, Stanley McChrystal, was called into the Oval Office by Barack Obama, he knew things weren’t going to go well when the President accused him of not supporting him in his political role as President.

“‘It’s not my job to support you as a politician, Mr. President, it’s my job to support you as Commander-in-Chief,’ McChrystal replied, and he handed Obama his resignation.

“Not satisfied with accepting McChrystal’s resignation the President made a cheap parting shot. ‘I bet when I die you’ll be happy to pee on my grave.’

“The General saluted, and said: ‘Mr. President, I always told myself after leaving the Army I’d never stand in line again.’

Snopes says this is false but I'd like to believe it anyhow.:waytogo:

kwo51

Full Access Member
He should pissed on obama's leg and told him it was raining. Sorry for not checking snopes . I have found them to be liberal.

oppo

Full Access Member
How is this a state of emergency when the murder rate has been dropping for years?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
He should pissed on obama's leg and told him it was raining. Sorry for not checking snopes . I have found them to be liberal.

Don't worry about it. It may not have gone down like the story tells but there may be a hint of truth to the verbal jousting that went on in the oval office. We'll never really know the true story. And yes, Snopes is very liberal. To me they are NOT a 100% reliable source for truth.

TheOl55

Full Access Member
Don't worry about it. It may not have gone down like the story tells but there may be a hint of truth to the verbal jousting that went on in the oval office. We'll never really know the true story. And yes, Snopes is very liberal. To me they are NOT a 100% reliable source for truth.

WHAT!? Their on the INTERNET! They must be telling the TRUTH!! :plugged:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Are we going to have women on the front lines in all combat units? Our daughters will now be drafted and fully operational for the next war. Just in time for WW3 !!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.