Another Obama Jaw Dropper

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Obama Jaw-Dropper: “We Don’t Believe That Anybody is Entitled to Success in this Country”

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/10/184...ybody-is-entitled-to-success-in-this-country/

The man has a way of sticking his foot in his mouth. When he's off teleprompter he speaks his mind instead of the carefully worded speech.

There are a number of people who are up in arms about his latest comment. As much as I dislike him, I see this from a different angle.

I think what he was saying is....just because you start a business does not automatically mean you are guaranteed success. Success is not an entitlement. You may work toward it and you may reach it but it's not automatic.

Entitlement: To furnish with a right or claim to something:

We do not have a "right" or "claim" to success. We have to work for it.

ViperJeff

Administrator
As much as I don't like Obama, his assertion is correct, no one is entitled to success, so I know I won't make a big deal about it

So Dave, I agree with your interpretation

Arckadian

Agreed... Success is something you have to strive for and fight for. It probably would have been better if he worded his statement to that effect, if that is what he was trying to say.

renovak

I agree with Obama on this specific quote, but I think he said one thing and meant another. I think what he was implying was that those who succeed are not entitled to that success any more than someone who failed (or never even tried). I can infer this based on his many other statements. The problem with this line of thinking: he's trying to provide equal outcomes instead of equal opportunities to try.

IronworksTactical

Yep people are taking it as he said nobody should succeed when in actuality he said no one is entitled to it meaning they must work for it and earn it not be handed it just because. I'm no Obama supporter but this one is grasping a bit.

I agree with Obama on this specific quote, but I think he said one thing and meant another. I think what he was implying was that those who succeed are not entitled to that success any more than someone who failed (or never even tried). I can infer this based on his many other statements. The problem with this line of thinking: he's trying to provide equal outcomes instead of equal opportunities to try.
And I could definitely see this as true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
His (Obama's) idea is of fairness. To level the playing field. This cannot work. If we're all at the same level, who's going to be hiring you for a job? If someone hires you. It automatically makes them your boss instead of your peer.

Taking from the rich and giving to the poor won't work. It just insures the poor man continues to do nothing when he's getting paid anyhow. And the rich man isn't motivated to continue to work when a large portion of his money is being taken and given away. It's a romantic notion found in the stories of Robin Hood.

What we need as a Nation is lower taxes. This gives the employer the ability to hire people giving them the opportunity to excel and climb the ladder in business and out of poverty. Employers have positions to fill right now. But they don't in fear of what may happen with their taxes. Either their money can go to hiring people or have to pay higher taxes. There's not enough to do both.

So from my point of view, by lowering taxes, employers higher employees, who in turn pay taxes. So instead of targeting the few, get your revenue from the many. It's a volume type thing. Obama himself said he knew that raising taxes would not generate anymore revenue. It was a fairness thing. What's fair about people wanting to work but can't get a job?

And the dog continues to chase his own tail.

Last edited:

ninja man

Full Access Member
i hate politics. i hate all parties equally. if all the politicians were in a plane together i wouldnt call for the airstrike........ i would be the one mashing the launch button.....repeatedly...

that being said, lower taxes is just the start. government employees should not be getting 6 figures a year. politicians should be flying coach instead of first class. the government should stop giving grants to big companies. they need to support their own research and not expect the government to help. sorry to say this one..... stop sending money and aid to foreign countries until we get back on track......

and then their is the other stuff....... but my political views piss everyone off so this is where i stop.

feel free to comment, i know someone is not going to be happy with my comment......

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
i hate politics. i hate all parties equally. if all the politicians were in a plane together i wouldnt call for the airstrike........ i would be the one mashing the launch button.....repeatedly...

that being said, lower taxes is just the start. government employees should not be getting 6 figures a year. politicians should be flying coach instead of first class. the government should stop giving grants to big companies. they need to support their own research and not expect the government to help. sorry to say this one..... stop sending money and aid to foreign countries until we get back on track......

and then their is the other stuff....... but my political views piss everyone off so this is where i stop.

feel free to comment, i know someone is not going to be happy with my comment......
I concur. The wasteful spending has got to stop. If a business cannot sustain itself then it needs to go. I own my own business. I don't get and don't want any assistance from the Government. All I want is for them to stay out of my way and stop taking so much of what I EARN (capitalized because I'm not given anything).

Just one example is PBS. It gets Federal money. And the president of the company gets over $600K. NPR President gets $1.2M and is Government subsidized. What's wrong with this picture. That's just the tip of the iceberg. There are many more, much more wasteful spending going on.

http://www.sodahead.com/united-stat...sident-of-the-united-states/question-1557789/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts